Do you watch your PTAT recordings right away, or do you wait for AutoHop?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I save most of the shows I want to watch from Primetime Anytime, and then I wait until AutoHop is enabled. What about you guys?

Reactions: TheKrell
We wait until the show is about 2/3 over then watch it manually skipping commercials.

That reminds me... I never got Autohop on all the Olympics skating events I recorded. I guess that was because it was sports.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Not having DISH, how long does it take till Autohop is enabled and why does it take a day for some and a week for others ?
PTAT is all major network shows. The difference between next day and full week is all about how the individual network contracts are written. All of the network owned and operated stations are set to one week.

Last edited:
We bite the bullet and wait for the next day on NBC and ABC. An hour show is only 43 minutes less commercials. What bugs me the most, like in the case of The Black List, which I like to save on my DVR, if a new episode is recorded every week, none of the shows are available for transfer. Only when they take a week off can you transfer what you have pending. In the case of the Olympics, I probably transferred 6 episodes of the BL.

I hardly watch anything from the big nets, but I've found that while I LOVE Autohop, it is still easy enough for me to just skip ahead and then back if necessary to see the show I want to see, so I would have to say that I most often do NOT wait for Autohop, but I have waited for Autohop more than a few times.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The only time I really care about Autohop is if I want to save a program to my EHD, like say the Super Bowl. Yeah, i know the commercials for the SB and all that, but they haven't been all that good lately. :) I note that there will be an Adele concert coming up on March 20 on NBC. That one will definitely be saved to the EHD with Autohop.

PTAT is all major network shows. The difference between next day and full week is all about how the individual network contracts are written. All of the network owned and operated stations are set to one week.
No ABC owned and operated like mine (WTVD) are 3 days NOT one week.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts