PTAT

Newbie 721

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
Until today I have had my local channels in SD on PTAT, because Dish did not rebroadcast my locals in HD. Today had separate antenna pointed to 61.5 to receive Lubbock locals in HD. Now my question is how to make Hopper record the HD channels instead the SD channels? The guide show the pt designation on the SD channels.

Was getting Lubbock SD locals because dish only offered SD until recently. Now have Lubbock HD locals and that is what I want PTAT to record instead of SD.

Most likely they still only offer PTAT in SD which is why you can't get it to change. I would bet that since they just added HD locals in your area that in time PTAT will be supported in HD in that market. Just my guess.

Most likely they still only offer PTAT in SD which is why you can't get it to change. I would bet that since they just added HD locals in your area that in time PTAT will be supported in HD in that market. Just my guess.

So are you saying that you can't have PTAT on both SD and HD? If that is the case, maybe it is as simple as moving PTAT over to HD instead of SD. It might be something that was overlooked and needs to be addressed.

I believe that PTAT is only supported on one or the other. The HD markets obviously have PTAT in HD but if it was just recently transitioned then that may be the issue here. There isn't an option to choose SD or HD for PTAT...if you have HD locals and PTAT is available in your market then it records on HD.

I believe that PTAT is only supported on one or the other. The HD markets obviously have PTAT in HD but if it was just recently transitioned then that may be the issue here. There isn't an option to choose SD or HD for PTAT...if you have HD locals and PTAT is available in your market then it records on HD.

That's just it lucky, Lubbock's locals are now available in HD and the flag for PTAT should be changed to the HD locals.... As it stands now, PTAT seems to be continuing to be flagged to the SD locals.

Disable PTAT did a hard reset and nothing changed. Was suggested to disable PTAT over night the reenable and see what happens. Hopeful:)

I imagine that with a lot of users without the proper dish, that Dish is hoping that more will change before stranding them. Once it gets to 50% HD acceptance would be a good time. Dish should be notifying them about the change.

Remember you still can take advantage of 4 on the same transponder to one LNB.
-Ken

I imagine that with a lot of users without the proper dish, that Dish is hoping that more will change before stranding them. Once it gets to 50% HD acceptance would be a good time. Dish should be notifying them about the change.

Remember you still can take advantage of 4 on the same transponder to one LNB.
-Ken
He has a Dish pointed at 61.5, where the Lubbock HD locals are. So, not the problem.

Last edited:
His situation may be good but what about the thousands without a 61.5 dish? Now if both HD and SD were on the same sat, then they could save "just" switched over with thousands not knowing what happened.
-Ken

Finally went onto Dish forum and was told to disable PTAT and let update overnight. Did what was suggested and it worked. Now have
PTAT on my HD channels.

Dish put the HD locals on 61.5 because only place had space.

By the way dish will pay installer to add extra antenna and point to 61.5 to receive Lubbock locals. ;);)

:mad:

Well I spoke to soon, got up this morning and the PTAT was back on the SD channels.

Anybody have any new ideas how to keep PTAT on the HD Channels???

The PTAT problem is still ongoing, it will change the the HD local channels but will only record ABC local, then next day back on the SD locals.

Thinking about unplugging antenna that receives the HD locals until DISH CAN GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER.:(:(:(:(:(

Thinking about unplugging antenna that receives the HD locals until DISH CAN GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER

I'm not sure what the antenna has do with PTAT. PTAT does not work with OTA.

You might want to contact dishquality@echostar.com with a description if your issue. They responded very well to my issue of the guide data being reversed on two of the OTA channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)