Puerto Rico Dish subscribers - how satisfied are you?

mjc

Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
I am ready pull the plug on my 4DTV, and I am considering Dish because (mainly) the HD pack. Anyway, how is the reception in the Guaynabo area? How satisfied are you with the programming, customer service...? Anyone can recommend a trusted installer?

Thanks!

Greetings from Naranjito... Signal quality is good, I have a 5' antenna for satellite 110 and a 4' antenna for the 119. My receiver is a 510 and has proven extremely reliable.

When it rains very hard, I lose all signal but then that happens probably once every two months...

Have had no need for customer service, but from what I've read it's a matter of luck reaching a good CS representative.

Can't comment on HD because I have SD...

My installer was Skytenna. I am very pleased with them and recommend them highly.

BTW, you have to make sure there are no tall buildings or trees west of your location... Dish Network satellites are very low on the horizon at this latitude, that's why we need the bigger dishes.

I used to have BUD too... A Uniden 4000 and a Motorola Sidecar...

I called Steven Satellite and got a deal with the 811 included in the package plus:

+ 1 311 receiver
+ 1 5' antenna (I already have 1 5')
+ 3 months of HBO, Cinemax and Showtime
+ first month free

I understand that in order to get the Voom package I'll need another antenna, would a 4' do or you recommend the 5'?

I called Skytenna, they were less than sympathetic when I mentioned I was getting a 811 for free, they wanted about $800 for it!!!

What do you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)