Puerto Rico- HD announcement and more. What do you think?

Remember....Charlie said...sometime in Aug....so hold ur horses. Even Aug seems doubtful....Maybe if we r very lucky..otherwise before the end of the year.

Remember...Dish cant sell a lot of HD boxes here because we cant do Dishnup here....hence making the HDbox very expensive for the majority of the subs. Since the HD subs r hence minority...they fall way back in the priority list.

Perhaps they intend to use 77W for the Puerto Rico package. They are running a good 4 to 6 months behind schedule on moving Echostar 1 to 77W and that might be part of the problem (it will be there in about 2 months).

The Conus coverage using Echostar 8 at 77W sucks for Puerto Rico but Echostar 1 will have a solid signal.

Attachments

• Echostar 1 Carribean.jpg
    Echostar 1 Carribean.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Echostar 8 77W Carribean.jpg
    Echostar 8 77W Carribean.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 122
Perhaps they intend to use 77W for the Puerto Rico package. They are running a good 4 to 6 months behind schedule on moving Echostar 1 to 77W and that might be part of the problem (it will be there in about 2 months).

The Conus coverage using Echostar 8 at 77W sucks for Puerto Rico but Echostar 1 will have a solid signal.

No it's going to be on our spotbeam in 110 lot of space up there!

Charlie announce Hd for August 1!

No it's going to be on our spotbeam in 110 lot of space up there!

Charlie announce Hd for August 1!

I know I have to be patient :D
I am just monitoring the uplink report just in case....

I watched the broadcast where they said August 1 and, frankly, they seemed confused, and acknowledged that their "Puerto Rico people" (or representatives, or something like that) where not there to confirm. So I am still hopeful to see something in the uplinks in July, even if they don't make the channels available till August....

I know I have to be patient :D
I am just monitoring the uplink report just in case....

I watched the broadcast where they said August 1 and, frankly, they seemed confused, and acknowledged that their "Puerto Rico people" (or representatives, or something like that) where not there to confirm. So I am still hopeful to see something in the uplinks in July, even if they don't make the channels available till August....

Man me too I checking the Uplink to! I want more HD!

1st I want a cheap way to get a VIP HD DVR....I am willing to upgrade to HD & give them my money....but for the programming. I will not pay through my nose for the HD DVR box. On the Dish network page...under my account...it says that HD Due DVR (I hope it means 722)...will cost me $100...but when I call them...they say I cant get that...I have to talk to my local retailer....who give me a price....in which I can buy a brand new laptop...or atleast 32 inch LCD TV.

Hope Dish can find a way to get HD DVR in PR cheaper. I know atleast 4 of my colleages in office r facing the same delima. Too much for HD box. They r more then willing to pay $10 for HD programming even for so less channel then in US...but the box price...is the deal breaker

1st I want a cheap way to get a VIP HD DVR....I am willing to upgrade to HD & give them my money....but for the programming. I will not pay through my nose for the HD DVR box. On the Dish network page...under my account...it says that HD Due DVR (I hope it means 722)...will cost me $100...but when I call them...they say I cant get that...I have to talk to my local retailer....who give me a price....in which I can buy a brand new laptop...or atleast 32 inch LCD TV.

Hope Dish can find a way to get HD DVR in PR cheaper. I know atleast 4 of my colleages in office r facing the same delima. Too much for HD box. They r more then willing to pay $10 for HD programming even for so less channel then in US...but the box price...is the deal breaker

I agree 100%. HD Dvr price is the deal breaker. Directv is doing the opposite HD box for free, Hd pak for $20, well thats what they offer to my mother in law.

That's the problem for existing subs. A 211 with an external hard drive will do the trick. I have 1-622, 3-211 and 2 of those with an external HD.

Why is so cheap on the states? Well the receivers are leased...:(

That's the problem for existing subs. A 211 with an external hard drive will do the trick. I have 1-622, 3-211 and 2 of those with an external HD.

Why is so cheap on the states? Well the receivers are leased...:(

Does the 211 have the same recording features as the 622? For example the 211 have name based recording? Or timeshifting?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)