Puerto Rico- HD announcement and more. What do you think?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hey guys:)
I see you missed me :D
Been really busy since DTV transition,Got some good news before the retailer chat,Starting August new installs can place up to 4 receivers(1dual tuner, 2single ones)most likely with vip receivers(this is a rumor but a strong one)other plans for Ak,HI and PR are coming soon:rolleyes:,but we can't say anything yet,so stay tune.:)

Don't get lost Jedi Master!;)

And Technoguy I have not heard from him in a long time! Tom this is the year of the Eagles I am sorry for your bears! TomP if you want to play fantasy football send me and pm!

Well Nel, we have a real QB. Things are looking pretty good. And I had the best news that I heard in a long time. During my 20th year Graduation reunion last Saturday I learned that one of my best friends fron High School is one the Orthopedist for the Bears. He invited me to watch a couple of games this year. Also Alex Brown(#96) wife is the sister in law of another Classmate. This can be the year that I finally go to Soldier Field... Regarding the Fantasy, I'll let you know. I'm already on 2 leagues and 3 third on sight(esta en veremos).

Going back to Dish....!

So guys why is all MPEG4 fiasco? HD os SD? Well Dish wants to move everybody to MPEG4. I've been having a lot of trouble lately getting 311 or single tunner Sd receivers from our Tampa supplier. About 1 hour ago was the last time. Anyway Dish actually waived the HD Charge, or HD Enable Fee to those customer that wanted a VIP-211(222) and are not going to take the PR/VI HD Package. So when the time comes, they want to have as many subscribers ready as possible for MPEG4. It uses significantly less bandwith that Mpeg2.

Last edited:
Hey guys:)
I see you missed me :D
Been really busy since DTV transition,Got some good news before the retailer chat,Starting August new installs can place up to 4 receivers(1dual tuner, 2single ones)most likely with vip receivers(this is a rumor but a strong one)other plans for Ak,HI and PR are coming soon:rolleyes:,but we can't say anything yet,so stay tune.:)

Kind of good news, but I hate those 2 year contracts when it is more that 2 tuners. Last week I had a terrible time with a charge back. Almost 20 months into the contract the man just voluntarily disconnected, because he's on the military and his new orders required him to move to California. he wans't going to have a house for 2-3 months, so the Dish Mover can be longer than 30 days, I told him that it was cheaper to keep paying the minimum package for those 3 months than getting the $300 early termination fee , but apparently he wasn't treated well by the Dish Reps. His father in law actually canceled his recently reactivated account to continue the one wth the contract.(petty nasty additional installation was required) Went through hell and back to get our money back. :rant:

You guys take care..

Tom

Well Nel, we have a real QB. Things are looking pretty good. And I had the best news that i head in a long time. During my 20th year Graduation reunion last Saturday I learned that one of my best friends fron High School is one the Orthopedist for the Bears. He invited me to watch a couple of games this year. Also Alex Brown(#96) wife is the sister in law of another Classmate. This can be the year that I finally go to Soldier Field... Regarding the Fantasy, I'll let you know. I'm already on 2 leagues and 3 third on sight(esta en veremos).

Going back to Dish....!

So guys why is all MPEG4 fiasco? HD os SD? Well Dish wants to move everybody to MPEG4. I've been having a lot of trouble lately getting 311 or single tunner Sd receivers from our Tampa supplier. About 1 hour ago was the last time. Anyway Dish actually waived the HD Charge, or HD Enable Fee to those customer that wanted a VIP-211(222) and are not going to take the PR/VI HD Package. So when the time comes, they want to have as many subscribers ready as possible for MPEG4. It uses significantly less bandwith that Mpeg2.

Thanks TomP as always!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)