Puerto Rico- HD announcement and more. What do you think?

Nel...can u tell me all the HD channels that r made available for us. I m confused...since some of hte channelsl like USA TV & ESPN etc r missing on our spots. Plus what with MPEG4 SD uplink....only VIP boxes can get them anyway...so why not put HD for us rather then SD

Last edited:
I wanted NFL Network
Digi:
I counted on TP 25 12HD and 12SD =24 channels
and on 29 24HD and 4 Siruis HD =28 channels
I also wanted NFL Network. I think that last spot is a waste (only 2 channels worth seeing,MAX and Starz), but spot 29 is worst. MPEG4 SD? Why would we want that since we already have those channels right now in MPEG2 :confused: .

I counted:
18 - 8 HD Channels (MPEG4)
20 - 8 HD Channels (MPEG4)
23 - 8 HD Channels (MPEG4)
25 - 12 SD Channels (MPEG2)
29 - 23 SD Channels (MPEG4)
5 MPEG Audio

I wanted NFL Network
Digi:
I counted on TP 25 12HD and 12SD =24 channels
and on 29 24HD and 4 Siruis HD =28 channels

Huh? 29 HD channels on one transponder?

I looked at the numbers and it looks like they have a things filled up. I highly doubt you'll see NFL network HD at this time.

I wouldn't be surprise if they announce a new pak for new customers only in PR. They could offer the new HD and the new MPEG4 SD channels with a 211k and a 30"dish. That's the only reason they have MPEG4 SD in the spotbeam. There are new channels like Animal Planet in spanish, all to compete with Directv pak.

Nel...can u tell me all the HD channels that r made available for us. I m confused...since some of hte channelsl like USA TV & ESPN etc r missing on our spots. Plus what with MPEG4 SD uplink....only VIP boxes can get them anyway...so why not put HD for us rather then SD

I don't understand MPEG 4 SD what the hell is this?

What the hell is this SD? i thought they were going to be HD!

That is what I was asking. MPEG 4 SD uplinked for PR.....in PR...if people have VIP...they have HD...& uplinking more HD make sense...whereas those that have SD..already have MPEG 2 receivers/DVR like 625, 311, 301, 510 etc

from the count of HD channels in Digi report...there is max 33 HD channels for PR (including premium). I dont know if this will increase for us for sometime...since the last spot is already filled with MPEG4 SD programming

from the count of HD channels in Digi report...there is max 33 HD channels for PR (including premium). I dont know if this will increase for us for sometime...since the last spot is already filled with MPEG4 SD programming

Rajmarie this was Digi answer for the question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neljtorres
What does MPEG 4 SD means Digi?

MPEG4 compression at standard definition resolution. Just like the Eastern Arc satellites. and people need to have vip REC

Last edited:
OK, it's Wednesday. With the uplinks from last week, and the expectation of the next uplink, here is my wish list for the next batch of HD for us:

More Premium channels
ESPN2
NFL
NAT GEOG
ABCFam
BIO
WGN
DISXD
Palladia
Animal Planet
Science
History
Bravo
CMT
ESPNEws
VH1
NBATV

Of course locals and networks would be more than welcome!

That's mostly it. What do you all wish for?

No NFL, WGN, ESPNews!! :mad:
NO NATGEO, ABCFamily!
No VH1 or Palladia!

Well, at least it is a start. Now turn them on! :)

That is what I was asking. MPEG 4 SD uplinked for PR.....in PR...if people have VIP...they have HD...& uplinking more HD make sense...whereas those that have SD..already have MPEG 2 receivers/DVR like 625, 311, 301, 510 etc

Raja: I found this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo
EA is all mpeg 4, so anything that is not a vip wont work, but it looks like you are covered there.wing dish would suffice. picture quality is the same, but EA uses only mped 4 compression so you can technically record more hours

You can record more hours. I have had both setups and like Eastern arc better . To ME the sd picture looks sharper than Mpeg 2 western arc . There is less pixelation in backgrounds. The bonus is more hard drive room due to mpeg 4 taking up less room on the hard drive.

I'm sure Dish is going to announce a new package for Puerto Rico, some of the new MPEG4 sd are not available to folks in the states like 849 Discovery Kids latino, 851 NG latino and 852 Animal Planet Latino. If they are in the spotbeam that means only us can see them so they would not add them to the Dish Latinos paks so they are going to introduce a new PR pak. If they add them to the latino pak, people in the states would claim that they could not see them. Everything will be known in the retailer chat, I hope someone will inform . In the meantime let just predict what would happen. Any bets.

I'm sure Dish is going to announce a new package for Puerto Rico, some of the new MPEG4 sd are not available to folks in the states like 849 Discovery Kids latino, 851 NG latino and 852 Animal Planet Latino. If they are in the spotbeam that means only us can see them so they would not add them to the Dish Latinos paks so they are going to introduce a new PR pak. If they add them to the latino pak, people in the states would claim that they could not see them. Everything will be known in the retailer chat, I hope someone will inform . In the meantime let just predict what would happen. Any bets.

I hope they stay away from announcing PR pak or something like that. Maybe PR HD pak for $10 which includes all HD channels available for PR at that moment....but any regular programming pak will add to the confusion that DISH is having from programming packaging prospective...too many packages..& name change too often

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts