"Pulsating" HD?

Rukes

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
West Hollywood, CA
I have a 622, and pretty much ever since I have had it, I noticed just the HD channels "pulsate" meaning that every second, the picture gets slightly brighter gradually, then pops back to normal. It's only really apparent on bright parts of the picture.

Also, different channels have different severity...so when I watched 24 tonight, it was very hard to see, but if I watch something on Showtime HD, it's more apparent.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? It's something I could definately live with, but at the same time, would like to fix if possible.

I have a 622, and pretty much ever since I have had it, I noticed just the HD channels "pulsate" meaning that every second, the picture gets slightly brighter gradually, then pops back to normal. It's only really apparent on bright parts of the picture.

Also, different channels have different severity...so when I watched 24 tonight, it was very hard to see, but if I watch something on Showtime HD, it's more apparent.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? It's something I could definately live with, but at the same time, would like to fix if possible.

I've never seen that on my 622. It must be a problem that's unique to your 622 or your TV. Brightness is constant on all channels here.

Larry
SF
HD Bronze subscriber

I've never seen that on my 622. It must be a problem that's unique to your 622 or your TV. Brightness is constant on all channels here.

Larry
SF
HD Bronze subscriber

I don't think it would have to do with my TV at all, as SD channels look perfectly fine. Also, HD from other sources (DVD, games, etc...) don't pulsate either. It could be my 622 I guess...I think I have a revision F, and I recently did have a 22 hour blackout, so it still happeneds after being off for a day.

The only hd channel that pulsates like that with the screen is going from light to dark is the Showtime HD channel. I emailed them at dishquality@echostar.com and Dish recognized that it was doing that as well and promised to fix it after the new year began. I can't tell if it has been fixed since I dropped all my premium channels and downgraded to the top 120 over this years $10.00 price increase in February.

I would like to hear more about this issue as well. I have noticed this pulsating picture on some of my OTA channels coming out of the 622. I originally thought it could be my TV (Toshiba DLP) but then realized that it didn't happen on every channel. I recently started using HDMI from the 622 so I wonder if that could be part of the problem.

I would like to hear more about this issue as well. I have noticed this pulsating picture on some of my OTA channels coming out of the 622. I originally thought it could be my TV (Toshiba DLP) but then realized that it didn't happen on every channel. I recently started using HDMI from the 622 so I wonder if that could be part of the problem.

I have noticed it occasionally. I usually do a reboot and it clears up. I actually notice it on Component and not on my HDMI connections.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)