Purchase Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have 2 HWS and would like to get 2 H3s and have a couple questions.

1. If I purchased a second H3 from Solid Signal would the Dish Tech install it when they install the H3 they provide? See below . . .

2. If they would install it at the same time would there be an extra charge? Part of the install fee.

3. Is there an extra monthly charge from Dish for the extra H3 even though I would own it? You'll pay the H3 DVR Fee that would normally be waived as the "Free First Box" and get one box free of the fee.

The very very important part is that you get it on the Work Order. I made sure mine was and when the time came for the install no record of it. 4 months of prep and monthly verification with DISH and all the info in my account was GONE! when the work order was generated. I had the Tech sitting here with a follower after the Field Supervisor and Training Tech, that did all the dish, switch and Hub work on the roof since he had the 40 foot ladder had left, on the phone with the Philippines for so long that his newly charged phone almost died. Then I had to get on and argue with the very abstinent and rude rep, renegotiate the whole thing all over and agree to a two year contract, that was previously a one year. That might be a good thing now, since I have the "Two Year Price Lock". The Tech had the second box in his hands and could not install it, which was putting it on the shelf hangers and screwing in the coax until it was "approved, the work order changed and the unit on the account". Which it was every month for 4 months prior when I checked. I started this in February and the Retention Agent and I decided to wait until the winter weather was over to change over all the gear on the roof, since they have to go up the outside of a 40 foot chimney. I stood on the roof where the work area is waist height and held things. So the dish part was all done by the time the "install" Tech arrived.

When the time came to schedule the appointment all the information that was negotiated day one was in the account notes and the install was for 2 H3's was approved by a Senior Retention Agent. When the Tech showed up with the work order it was only one H3, the one he had on his truck was defective and he had to negotiate with another "shop location" to get another, and he could not do a thing with the second box until the work order was corrected. Once we got the whole thing straightened out, the Tech was not getting paid for about half the time, which should have been drop in and fire up two boxes, he sat there arguing with the overseas agent and the Follower said she was probably not going to continue with DISH. I was so pissed I was vibrating. I had a feeling, although I did due diligence over 4 months, that this was going to go awry. DISH tends to work that way.

A couple of days later, I was still vibrating, I got a call from the "Pres's Office" to see how the install went and I went off like a Nuclear Bomb. I wouldn't doubt that the guy on the other end needs therapy now.

Good Luck and VERIFY!!!

Reactions: pattykay
Thanks guys for the information and the warning. It sounds like what I have gone through in the last several months with Centurylink internet. It might just be easier and cheaper to go with the H3 and a Joey.

With a H3 and a Joey, can each person have a folder that all their recordings can be recorded to? That way each person doesn't have to hunt through all the recording to find theirs.

"Thanks"

Thanks guys for the information and the warning. It sounds like what I have gone through in the last several months with Centurylink internet. It might just be easier and cheaper to go with the H3 and a Joey.

With a H3 and a Joey, can each person have a folder that all their recordings can be recorded to? That way each person doesn't have to hunt through all the recording to find theirs.

"Thanks"

On your H3 and Joey question: "Yes!" You just need to make sure you specify the folder when you create timers.

Reactions: pattykay

"Thanks"
Absolutely! I have a folder for my wife and one for myself. I allow anything that we will watch together to go directly to the initial DVR screen. I even make folders for special events like the Olympics.

One last question. I have some favorite shows stored on an external hard drive that is connected to the HWS. Is there any problem with retrieving those shows when the hard drive is connect to the new H3?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)