Purchase options to get good installer?

inomis

Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
I've decided to go with Dish and mostly on the equipment, package, dish location (for 182 S at 45 angle, 23188 zip) and how to re-route my current OTA setup.

How do I insure I get a good installer? I don't need to get every last dollar on a deal I just want it competitive with the Dish online pricing.

Karl

You are in the Tidewater, Virginia DMA. The DMA uses both the Eastern Arc and thew Western Arc.

Getting a good installer is really a "crapshoot." I've installed TV antennas since the late 1960's, C-band, and then dbs.

I have never been totally satisfied with 'fulfillment" installers, having redone every one that was done for me.

I would visit a locak dealer and inspect some of his installs. Bu, that would depend on how much you know about a "good install."

I've seen installs, where the homeoner sweared the got a good install and didn't have the heart to tell him that he was "screwed."

With Dish, you are most likely to get the best and latest equipment by subscribing from Dish directly. Dish usually do not supply "used" or "refurbished" equipment to new customers, like DirecTV does.

There is no advantage to purchasing the equipment as it was in the past. I've owned mine for 12 years previously. The current equipment is leased.

I would say a local retailer. You can always go back to them if you have problems or questions and you can get the same installer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)