This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Purchased a R10 from Walmart

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freakedout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
I just bought a R10 for 98.47 from Walmart. They make you go buy the cell phone booth for the access card. No mention of having a time limit on activation. Did not even take my name. They have a pad with coupons for existing customers to get it installed for $50. I thougt walmart had pulled out all the sat equipment for sale. Did they not use to sell Dish Net? they also had a stack of hd receivers but no hdtivo. The cashier told me that to get a dish you had to be a new customer and call directv. I wonder if they will sell the new R15.

If that coupon is the standard Directv issue you need to read it closely. The $50 discount is only for new customers. Coming August 1st Directv will give a $100 rebate on the DVR for both new and existing customers.

The r15 seems very cool. My mother wanted to replace her d10 with a dvr. I returned it today. I am going to give her one of my tivos instead. If the new units work out to be good I will switch to them while i wait for the home media center. Ever since getting burnt by bestbuy for 500.00 rebate i hardly ever buy anything with a rebate. I was initially concerned about the fee changes but that seems to be resolved. I hope to get any new receivers from Robert but it can not hurt to have someone like walmart selling the product.

My wife works at Wal-Mart (doesn't help here though). Different stores "allow" booths (Cingular for example). These are local businessiness that are selling the product but they are not a rep of the Company (example, I bought a Cingular cell phone at the booth...........ran into a problem-text messaging-which we were to have-didn't work- called Cingular, the "booth" wasn't Cingular & I had to deal with them for all refunds. Cingular just supplied the service..........took 3 months to get our money back).
My suggestion........stay away from the booths (knives etc)....your on your own when you buy from them.

Barney

Status
Please reply by conversation.