Purchased a R10 from Walmart

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freakedout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
I just bought a R10 for 98.47 from Walmart. They make you go buy the cell phone booth for the access card. No mention of having a time limit on activation. Did not even take my name. They have a pad with coupons for existing customers to get it installed for $50. I thougt walmart had pulled out all the sat equipment for sale. Did they not use to sell Dish Net? they also had a stack of hd receivers but no hdtivo. The cashier told me that to get a dish you had to be a new customer and call directv. I wonder if they will sell the new R15.

If that coupon is the standard Directv issue you need to read it closely. The $50 discount is only for new customers. Coming August 1st Directv will give a $100 rebate on the DVR for both new and existing customers.

The r15 seems very cool. My mother wanted to replace her d10 with a dvr. I returned it today. I am going to give her one of my tivos instead. If the new units work out to be good I will switch to them while i wait for the home media center. Ever since getting burnt by bestbuy for 500.00 rebate i hardly ever buy anything with a rebate. I was initially concerned about the fee changes but that seems to be resolved. I hope to get any new receivers from Robert but it can not hurt to have someone like walmart selling the product.

My wife works at Wal-Mart (doesn't help here though). Different stores "allow" booths (Cingular for example). These are local businessiness that are selling the product but they are not a rep of the Company (example, I bought a Cingular cell phone at the booth...........ran into a problem-text messaging-which we were to have-didn't work- called Cingular, the "booth" wasn't Cingular & I had to deal with them for all refunds. Cingular just supplied the service..........took 3 months to get our money back).
My suggestion........stay away from the booths (knives etc)....your on your own when you buy from them.

Barney

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts