Purchased owned, deactivated receiver on eBay, but now it is active???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

docchaos

Original poster
May 7, 2010
Quad Cities, IL / IA
Just wanted to ask a few questions...
I purchased a receiver on eBay last week (called before hand to make sure it was deactivated and owned) , shipped, received it fine.
Plugged it in just fine, saw channel 100, but not much else, since it was deactivated.

Called to order a new access card, no problem. But after I called, the next day the receiver started to operate with the old access card (as it is currently doing).

Received the new card yesterday and called to have they activate it with the receiver, but could not since they are showing it active on the old account. The woman i talked to at DirecTV was extremely helpful, pulled up the Receiver ID and verified it is an owned unit, but after 10 or 15 minutes told me it is still active on another account. She noted all this down, and even said if It would pass the 9 days from ordering the access card, she would allow me to call again to order another card at no charge, just this first charge.

I figured I would post here and see what if anything else could be done. I have contacted the eBay seller (who I am assuming is/was a DirecTV dealer, since I can now watch 578, with the directv monthly training video, very interesting), and waiting to hear back. I would think DirecTV would not want that channel in the hands of a normal subscriber.

I figured there might be an employee or two out there that might be able to assist.
Let me know if there is any info I may have left out.
Thanks for any help and info,
Alex

Does the receiver have a better programming package than you? If so, enjoy!
As to this, yes it does. :D
I'm a baseball fan, so yes this receiver is quite nice.:angel:
But, it still has the previous owners locals, but i get a 771 error, searching for signal.

I cant touch this with a 10 foot pole only the accout owner and deactivate that box.
I have contacted the seller and asked him to do as such.
I am not trying to get anything not in my package, just wanted it on my account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts