Purchasing Shaw Direct equipment from the states

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skremla

Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Is it possible to purchase Shaw Direct equipment (dish and receiver) for use in the States without having to use a broker for the account. I do have a Canadian address and a current Canadian cell phone.

Is it possible to purchase Shaw Direct equipment (dish and receiver) for use in the States without having to use a broker for the account. I do have a Canadian address and a current Canadian cell phone.
yes...it might be easiest to purchase the equipment in person from retail outlet such as future shop and bring them back here.

No only the receivers. The dish must come from Shaw Direct or some other source. Big box stores do not carry thyem anymore.

KUSat sells the Shaw equipment/dish and ships, I bought a bell setup and the price/ship was very resonable. They'll setup the account with your Canadian address/phone at no charge. Ship might be higer for the Shaw (bigger) dish though.

If you can cross the border you can just go to best buy or something, but will have to get your own dish.

I agree with Jason. KUsat can sell both

the big box stores dont sell the dishes. Shaw installers bring the dish with them (but since you are int he states they wont show up) ;)

Change your view to the last 45 days...

instead of the default 30 days. I posted it on Sept 29 - it is still there.

Thanks
Steve

Reading these posts reminds me how different our 2 countries are
People in the usa can get canadian tv without any problems
In contrast up here in canada we cannot use even grey market for us tv
I started with can am in 1998 to get spanish programs (That is my first language)
2 months ago all grey market was shut down CRTC up here ruled that grey market is not in our best interests- sounds a lot like cuba-I phoned CRTC to complain about the fact that there is only 1 spanish channel on canadian tv-Was told there is plenty of french!!!
Sure isn't the land of the free and home of the brave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)