Putting together a BUD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jluyt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Hi all,

I am slowly learning the parts of a BUD, but since I got this BUD, I have some trouble understanding how it all fits together.

I have already put together the actual dish. Now there is the metal ring behind it that clamps onto the dish... as well as the part that slips onto the pole... and the actuator of cause.

Does anyone have any good pictures of how these 3 parts fits together?

Do you have any indication of a brand name on the dish? As sergi said, pictures give most of the information we need to help you get it going.

There is a manual for the 10 Foot Winegard dish in the manuals section, but for some reason, my old computer will not unzip the file. I do have the original pages, so if need be I can post them.

POP

Thanks for all you helping. Sorry for the delay in posting photos... will do soon. I have No indication of manufacturer, zero.

If you can, please post the original manual.

Photos at last

Sorry for the delay. I must say, since I am a BUD newbie, I am still unsure of what is called what, specially around the mounting, clamps, etc...

Attachments

• constructed-dish.jpg
    constructed-dish.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 162
  • mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 183
  • ring-clamp.jpg
    ring-clamp.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 165
  • actuator-2.jpg
    actuator-2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 148
  • feed-cleaned.jpg
    feed-cleaned.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 168
I can't tell who made the dish but that won't matter for getting it up and going. looks like a basic dish. Here's something you might want to purchase it's a book that you can get it from Skyvision. You can also find about the same info on different web sites on how to setup your dish.

Home Satellite Installation and Troubleshooting Manual - SkyVision

Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C

You have the URL to this manual @ Skyvision?... I looked for it over there, can not find it.

I can not find this manual on their site...send me the URL please

Looks like a Perfect 10 dish just like mine....but a lot of them were built the same...nice dish. :up

"izvinite" sergei, I see now. Thanks

stogie, is the manufacturer "Perfect 10"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)