Puzzled by Coolsat satellite selection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colbec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Eastern Ontario, Canada
Hi, I'm new to the forum so maybe this has been explained before, just point me in the right direction if so....

I have my dish pointed at Intelsat Americas 6 where it is pulling in Azteca 7 and 13 plus CBS feeds just fine. The puzzle is that I can only get it if I select Nimiq 1,3 in the satellite selection and state

LNB power ON
LNB Type Legacy Twin LNB1
Freq 10.750
22 KHz OFF, Diseqc OFF, Legacy SW OFF

OK so if I slide over and set the satellite selection to IA6 and then repeat the individual parameters as above I don't get the satellite at all, just the basic red line with all sorts of signal but no quality.

So evidently by selecting a satellite I am also invisibly selecting non-visible parameters as well. I've a feeling this is just my combination of hardware - Coolsat 6000 + 24" offset dish with Digiwave DGL-990D.

This situation make sense to anybody?

I assume the dish is a fixed dish?

When you select a satellite, the info you posted is correct. What I would do is a blind scan and see if the channels come in on the correct satellite

Wow that was quick, Iceberg, as you say it is a fixed dish. I followed your suggestion, ignored the red line and have started a blind scan with the database set at IA6, and channels appear to be coming in just fine. This is going to be quite confusing, I was relying on the quality line to give me correct information...!

Sometimes the first transponder listed may not be active (and in the case of IA6 I don’t think it is) so you will get a red bar.

If you need to peak the dish, go into manual scan and there should be a transponder that says
11710 frequency
V polarity
14320 symbol rate

That channel is up 24/7 and will allow you to tune the dish. What I do is once you have channels logged, go into manual scan and delete the transponders that show a red bar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)