PVR 501 Losing Lock

shotgun1897

Original poster
My 501 keeps loosing lock and I have signal strength over 100 on both 110 and 119. I have checked connections from the dish to the receiver and found no problem. I have turned the receiver off, unplugged it and held the on/off button down for a reset. I have checked the temp of the receiver and found it to be normal. Thanks guys.

J

Welcome to SatelliteGuys... try unhooking the coax, do a switch check, hook coax back up(unplugging receiver when you do) then do another switch check and see what happens... if that doesn't work and you still have strong signal strengths you may have to send your 501 in for another ... be aware that the CSR will troubleshoot it with you...

Do you have more than one receiver in the house? If so does the other one do the same thing? Try swapping the receivers and see if the same thing happens. Do you see a lot of pixellation as well? Has the problem been getting progressively worse? The 501/508 series has been known for having bad tuners.

CSR's do not know or probably will not admit the issues with their product. I dont know how many times they told me that it was not a known issue.

I had the same problem with my dish system. After 20 min. on the phone with the CSR she said they were having problems with some LNBs and the temp sensor. They sent us a new one free of charge and haven't had a problem sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)