PVR 721 with one satellite 61.5

fordish

Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
I face some problems like auto recording is not working in PVR 721. The issue is that our dish 500 captures only 61.5 satellite. We faced some issues when having 2 outputs from dual legacy LNB ie the PVR was saying always "Acquiring data on satellite.." whereas the program was running fine on the back ground.

So we changed the configuration like taking only one input from LNB and giving to the 2 WAY 2Ghz splitter and giving this 2 outputs as input to the PVR 721. In this case, the above mentioned problem does not appear but PIP does not work. For the other channel it says "Channel xxxx lost locked". Also the auto recording does not happen. The clock comes in and blinks and when the time comes for recording it stops and recording does not happen. But when I try to delete this timer before the end time, it says that it cannot delete as recording is in progress.

Could any of you guide to overcome this issue? Thanks.

so youi are an Int'l only customer (or Sky Angel?) and thats why you have just 61.5

You can't use a splitter for that setup unless you are on DishProPlus (and that is a separator)

Easiest thing to do is get a cheap dual LNB (this sees one satellite). Hook both lines to the receiver from the LNB and rerun check switch

Thanks for your input. I have a doubt....Does the LNB I am currently using is excepting 2 satellite feeds. What do you mean by cheap dual LNB (which sees one satellite) . Could you please explain me on this ? thanks once again

If you just have your LNB setup for only the 61.5, then more than likely it's either a dual or a single. The difference between them is the amount of connections (outputs) is on the LNB. Dual will have 2...single will have one

First I tried connecting the way you have specified ie, my LNB has 2 connections and I have given the same to the 2 inputs of my 721. In this case sometimes auto record was working and not working at sometimes. With this configuration, I was getting "Acquiring data from satellite" message often and especially during PIP.
So now I have taken only one output from LNB and giving into 2 way 2Ghz splitter and taking the 2 outputs to input of the 721. In this case auto recording does not happen and also I get message "Channel xxxx lost locked " during PIP.

Any clues to rectify my problem.....

You must have 2 cables from LNB to 721, you will not get the full EPG. The 9 day epg is only on 110
Get the 2 G splitter out, it may screw up you 721

Do you need 9 day full EPG for automatic recording....Is this is the reason for my PVR 721 not recording automatically.....Please respond.

Yes. Without a full EPG, automatic recording is a no-go. I'm sure there are plenty of instances (customer only wanting programming for Sky Angel or internationals) where the 61.5 is the only dish.

As previously mentioned, simply run two lines from the LNB to your receiver and you should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts