QAM channel mapping Brookhaven Cablevision

Drewski65

Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
Hi everyone,

Would anyone know the QAM channel mapping for the Town of Brookhaven system on Long Island? It seems that most Cablevision systems on Long Island, Westchester and New Jersey map their channels in the correct positions, 2,4,5,7,9,11,13 etc.....

Yet on my Samsung SIR-T451 tuner, CBS-HD is 101.1, NBC-HD is 83.1, ABC-HD is 80.1.

FOX HD, WB11 HD and PBS HD are nowhere to be found.

Does anyone have any info as to when Cablevision will make they QAM channel mapping consistent throughout all of their systems?

Thanks very much.

Does anyone have any info as to when Cablevision will make they QAM channel mapping consistent throughout all of their systems?

The channel mapping can be (usually is) unique to each head end.
Many systems will re-map the channels to match the local numbers, the actual carrier frequency of the HD channel (channel in your case) is what your Samsung will display so It will never show as the NY channels 2,4,5,7,9,11,13 etc.

Don't be suprised if you use your Samsung and those channels are no longer where you found them before, some cable-co's will move them around!
A simple rescan will find them in there new location!

Don't be suprised if you use your Samsung and those channels are no longer where you found them before, some cable-co's will move them around!
A simple rescan will find them in there new location!

I guess I'm going to have to wait until they make the changes at the head end. I find it unusual that it's taking Cablevision so long to update the channel mapping in my area.

Hi I also have brookhaven cable tv now cablevision I wanted to know how many qam cha

How many digital qam channels do you currently pick up. My cablevision system we had turner classic movies on analog ch 68 before it went digital did you have turnerclassic movies on ch 68 also with ppv/events on ch 95 hbo on 17. I asked so I know your on same cable line up as me. Im trying to determine if i should by a qam tuner settop box for my tv. Have any channels gone encrypted that you were receiving or has it been the same channels available like vod being free. thank you

Last edited:
I get all of the broadcast digital channels and various sub channels. I get nothing from the Family Cable line up as that is all scrambled.

Cablevision also throws in some shopping channels, News 12 and their traffic cams. A couple of other local channels are thrown in too.

I hoping that once the transition to all digital takes place, Cablevision will descramble the Family tier.

But somehow I doubt that is going to happen. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts