QAM Help

roanokedn

Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
va
I am new to this way of getting help and new to Dish Network so please forgive any stupid questions or if I go about this the wrong way. My daughter's apt complex has an in-house run Dish Network system. They are supposed to have 24 hour tech support but we had to leave a message and haven't heard back. We disconnected the set top box to try something with the tv set up and somehow managed to mess up the Dish box. All we did on the tv was run a channel autoscan to see if local channels were available without the box so we would know how to connect her Tivo. When we reconnected the box, it said "This set top box is in QAM mode. Acquiring satellite" ...but nothing happens. All we did to the satellite box was disconnect and reconnect the cable cord. We set the tv back to defaults in case we changed something we didn't mean to, but it still has the same message. Can someone please tell me what we did and how to fix it? Thanks!

local dealer

I am new to this way of getting help and new to Dish Network so please forgive any stupid questions or if I go about this the wrong way. My daughter's apt complex has an in-house run Dish Network system. They are supposed to have 24 hour tech support but we had to leave a message and haven't heard back. We disconnected the set top box to try something with the tv set up and somehow managed to mess up the Dish box. All we did on the tv was run a channel autoscan to see if local channels were available without the box so we would know how to connect her Tivo. When we reconnected the box, it said "This set top box is in QAM mode. Acquiring satellite" ...but nothing happens. All we did to the satellite box was disconnect and reconnect the cable cord. We set the tv back to defaults in case we changed something we didn't mean to, but it still has the same message. Can someone please tell me what we did and how to fix it? Thanks!
Maybe you should call a local dealer and get some help.

it's possible you not not be in a qam @ all.. You may just have a master system that has switches daisy chained..what model receiver does she have? if you are indeed in a QAM make sure the coax is connected in the port on the bac that says something like cable in (if you have a 381/811 is should say something along them lines...i don't think you 'll have to run a scan of the QAM again but if you do it's pretty easy..once you connect the box correctly the box should auto scan(if your in a qam) now if your not in a QAM but you have a receiver that can work in a QAM just connect to the port SAT in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)