QPSK receivers will go dark Feb. 10

My first receiver was a 2000, looked like the picture above I believe. I got a 2700 sometime after for the second room, and replaced the 2000 with a 4700. Both the 2700 and 4700 got software updates and they were called a 2900 and 4900. I had those for several years. The 2900 was upgraded again I don't remember to what number. It was a big deal when I got the 501/508/510 receivers. Recording TV shows!! My next and current receivers are the 612's, after some problems initially, they have become rock solid, each lasting many years before I finally just had to replace one.

Anyone own the Dish Network television with integrated IRD? Don't recall the model, but sure that it was also phased out. :)

I remember an RCA branded DirecTV set that had a built in receiver, but not a Dish set. Dish did have several TVs they released, I remember a 34" widescreen CRT and maybe a 32" LCD, but they all had the receiver separate and weren't around long.

As I remember also, there was a DISH TV or two but none I remember that incorporated any receiver functions.

the earth shatering was the legacy dishplayer. i still remember when i upgraded successfully to a lager hard drive, getting more time than 4 hours.

after a insider warned me i sold my dishplayers to no doubt a candian pirate the 500 bucks each was very useful

I bought one of the Dish 2000 systems w/1 year of Americas Top 40 (or was it AT60?) for $699. Our local cable company didn't have ESPN2 and Formula 1 had been bumped to ESPN2 from ESPN. I installed it myself in 1996. Hard to believe I'm coming up on my 20th anniversary with Dish Network!

After the Dish 2000 (I sold it to someone at work) I got the JVC DSR-100HM D-VHS (based on the Dish 5000 receiver) and was so bummed the HD module was never supported. So I ended up getting the 6000, then the 942, 811, 622, 211, 722k, 211k, and now am finally moving to the Hopper 3 tomorrow. I've owned pretty much everything except for the ViP 622 and now the Hopper/Joey.

Reactions: Tampa8
I believe those dish branded tv's were RCA's too? They were huge. (as were all crt's...lol)

Yes, the 34" 16:9 CRT was made by Thomson - they also made RCA/GE at the time. The LCD set was junk, it was made by some chinese company like the one that makes Westinghouse.

I bought one of the Dish 2000 systems w/1 year of Americas Top 40 (or was it AT60?) for $699. Our local cable company didn't have ESPN2 and Formula 1 had been bumped to ESPN2 from ESPN. I installed it myself in 1996. Hard to believe I'm coming up on my 20th anniversary with Dish Network!

After the Dish 2000 (I sold it to someone at work) I got the JVC DSR-100HM D-VHS (based on the Dish 5000 receiver) and was so bummed the HD module was never supported. So I ended up getting the 6000, then the 942, 811, 622, 211, 722k, 211k, and now am finally moving to the Hopper 3 tomorrow. I've owned pretty much everything except for the ViP 622 and now the Hopper/Joey.

That's a lot of doorstops there Foxbat!! :)

I picked up a 300 dish and a 3000 receiver at soundtrack. Upgraded to a 5000 for OTA.
I purchased an HD receiver which I thought it was an 801 or an 811.

That's a lot of doorstops there Foxbat!! :)
That's why I think Scott's recommendation about leasing the receivers with no up-front cost makes sense for the Hopper. It makes no difference to your monthly bill whether you lease or own.

Back on Topic, I thought I'd never see the day that QSPK was shut down. Wow!

(back off-topic: I have a bunch of D-VHS tapes with B5 or ST:tNG, or who knows? If someone wants to watch TV like it's 1999 again, let me know and I'll send you a box! ;))

Reactions: TheKrell
Probably not for long.

But who knows? Maybe you'll be the first to find out and can post here for general interest.

I remember my first system. I had to tune the signal in myself. A 3000 with a Dish 300 that I bought for $199 but in order to get it for that price I had to get the next package up so instead of AT40 it was AT50 for about $30 per month. It included the superstations. Later they made those stations separate and I purchased them as I liked the content. The satellite service was new back then and it was special for that reason alone.

I started with a 3000 and then a 5000. with off air NTSC. Upgraded the 3000 to a Dishplayer 7100. when those were killed I went to a 508, when it died I got a 510. then I had a 942, and then finally 2 622s which I still have.

Now may be the time for me to upgrade to Hopper3. Although I will have to upgrade my dish(s) Still using 3 separate 24" dishes with DP LNBs and a DPP44. Has dish announced a Dishpro Hybrid switch yet?

Anyone need some SW64 switches or a pair of old SW42 switches? LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts