quad LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ll40

Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Do LNB's go bad.
I have a quad LNB pointing at sats 110 and 119. Sat 110 is fine, I'm not getting all the transponders on sat 119. I'm missing ESPN, Animal Channel, TNT and a few other channel from Sat 119.
Should I replace the LNB or am I having a different problem?

Those channels are on EVEN transponders. It has been common for people to lose ESPN and such with LNB Drift.

hi i hope this will be a great help missing channels might be caused by no LoS or bad LNB or having LNB drift, first make sure that cables are connected properly on the LNB's and Switch (if you have one) check first system info (if got a DP rcvr's) e.a. 301,311 and etc.... check LNB drift drift value of (e-8) or (e+8) or higher that would be a possible LNB drift, so the LNB went bad but below -8/+8, taht's ok that's just a possible signal loss...run Check switch test and check the result

hi i hope this will be a great help missing channels might be caused by no LoS or bad LNB or having LNB drift, first make sure that cables are connected properly on the LNB's and Switch (if you have one) check first system info (if got a DP rcvr's) e.a. 301,311 and etc.... check LNB drift drift value of (e-8) or (e+8) or higher that would be a possible LNB drift, so the LNB went bad but below -8/+8, taht's ok that's just a possible signal loss...run Check switch test and check the result
Depending on receiver model it may only take up to -4/+4 LNB drift to cause issues. As the OP has not posted model numbers I would go with these numbers as the cutoff instead. 381/811 receivers seem to be the most sensitive to this. I can't even count the number of times I have been out to Service calls with 381s or 811s not working and everything else in the house works fine. CS has usually sent the customer a new receiver by the time I got there and you guessed it, the new receiver has the same problem. I replace the Superdish with a dish 500 and the problems go away. I have seen 811/381 receivers affected with LNB drift as low as -3.91

Don't you just love posts with problems but OP never answers questions or posts a followup.
heh, well in fairness, the OP hasn't been back since his post.
So, he hasn't seen the question, nor the answers...
two days...
We often have good answers posted in two hours! - :D
ll40's Profile said:
Msg posted: 07-24-2008 11:38 AM
Last Activity: 07-24-2008 11:51 AM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts