Qual LND for Dish 500

bkent

Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
I currently have a quad LNB on 4 receivers (2 2700/2800, & 2 301's). I have the Dish Americas Everything package but I don't get the Dish 500 channels on on sat 110. On the set up menu I can get a good signal on 110 but the sig strenth bar is red and says unlocked. I bought the quad LND about a year ago from Ebay klnowing it was not Dish 500. My thought now (since I'm not getting everything I'm paying for) is to buy a Dish 500 Quad LNB off Ebay. I see many there up for auction. Is there anything else I need? Will it mount right to my dish or will I need any adapters etc. Is there a certain type quad LNB I should look for? And when I get it installed is there anything I need to do to get my receivers to lock on both satellites?

Barry in Indiana

Barry in Hoosier Land, Welcome to SatelliteGuys,

I have to urge you to check what equipment you have and repost later as boba suggested. Where these suggestions are coming from is the fact that a Quad LNBF is a Dish 500 system. A quad will be able to see 110 West and 119 West at the same time and then internally switch them into 1 feed to your receiver. A Dish 300 was a single LNBF that could only see one Satellite at a time.

An easy way to check this would be to go directly to your receiver, and use the remote..."menu 6-1-1...then "check switch"...on this page you would have all the information you need to be able to reply to us stating what you have.

Jason

attachment.php

Ok gentlemen I will check and see what I actually have. I do know the current LNB and dish I am using are not standard dish equipment. I bought them off e-bay. I had hoped the quad LNB would fit on the Dish Network Dish but it did not so I installed the Generic brand dish and quad LNB. I do know it was not a Dish 500 LNB as described on E-bay. My orginal equipment is 10 years or so old. I bought a dual LNB when I bought the second 2700 RCVR...this was before Dish 500 came out. I bought the quad LNB so I could add 2 more RCVRs which I had purchased from E-bay. They all work fine but I've decided to try and get Dish 500 programming since my package includes it but I can only get what's on 119. I see new Dish 500 dishes and LNB all over Ebay and I'm wondering if I get one can I make it work?

Barry in Indiana :eek: :eek:

Barry call DISH Network and ask about a free Dish 500 upgrade. If you are subscribing to any programming package higher than AT-60 you are missing many channels that are broadcast off the 110 satellite. Since DISH 500 came out they have had a FREE upgrade offer for existing customers.

Barry, the quad you have should work fine IF you put it with a dish 500, it sounds like you have it installed on a dish 300 that is why you are only picking up the 119 sat channels.

The dish 500 is the dish setup itself NOT the lnb's on the end of the arm, ok
The Dish 500 is the dish that has 3 adjustments and will allow you to pick up to sats the 110 and the 119. The dish 500 has the Skew adjustment, which is twist/turn like a steerring wheel, it has the Angle adjustment which is the up/down, and it has the Azimuth adjustment, the left/right east/west.

The dish 300 only has the Angle and Azimuth adjustment and is meant to point and pick up only one sat signal at a time.

Your Quad lnbf head should fit just fine on a Dish 500 sat dish setup.

The lnb or lnbf are described as Dish Legacy or Dish Pro, (not dish 500).
The dish legacy quad which is what you have I guess will work with all dish receivers. the Dish pro Quad will not work with Dish legacy receivers like 2700. 2800. 3900. 4900. 6000.

So all you need really is the Dish 500 sat dish and use your dish quad head on it and then get it pointed right for both sats and you shoould get all the channels you sub too.

as bob says call dish they really should hook you up since you have 4 subs with them.

Actually it's both....Dish and LNBF's...I have put a DP single on my D500 for 61.5....But I would think he would notice the lack of ability to set the skew when aiming the dish...And if he had an installer do it and they didn't tell him the limitations there's probably a much bigger problem here than we think.

522 Picture Quality

This will probably effect us too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)