Qualify as a new customer?

danderson101

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
If it's been 4 or 5 years since I had dish, would I be considered a new customer? If not, what's the difference in what it would cost me to sign up for the dvr advantage (w/ 18 month commitment), at250, HD, locals?

Hmmmmm....

Directv must have a different policy. I left them in 97-98 for DISH. They keep sending me all these offers. When I called them last January thinking to take them up on their offer of free movies for 3 months and other free stuff only available to "new" customers, I was told that I'm not a "new" customer and the free stuff wouldn't apply. :(

Dish has a 6 months policy. DirecTV has a 2 year policy. By the books of course. Your miliage may vary depending on what kind of mood the CSR is in when you call

Actually, not exactly new even after you've left 4-5 years. They cannot allow you to sign up without commitment. If you had dish many years ago and you wanted them again, they insist on 18-months minimum.

For true new customer, they will allow you to sign up without commitment and you pay them $50 for install with 30 days money back guarantee no commitment for long term service if you're not satisfied.

...For true new customer, they will allow you to sign up without commitment and you pay them $50 for install with 30 days money back guarantee no commitment for long term service if you're not satisfied.

Dish dropped the 30 day MBG back in February.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)