Qualify for more than 1 RSN?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thank you for the response. Their ads are misleading. At first glance it looks like you can get all of these FSN channels from all across the country. Where in fact all you get is local stuff which you had basically already. It would be nice to sit down and view games in other areas since they are being transmitted by the Sat. already. I don't think my viewing in California is going to affect the attendance at a game in the Southeast or anywhere else away from my area. It's too bad they aren't offered cause I'm sure viewers would pony up some more fees.

In in e yes. In the rest (includung the ione right before my post) you were pretty adamant that soemone would not get any additional pro sports.

Tobar said:
Thank you for the response. Their ads are misleading. At first glance it looks like you can get all of these FSN channels from all across the country. Where in fact all you get is local stuff which you had basically already. It would be nice to sit down and view games in other areas since they are being transmitted by the Sat. already. I don't think my viewing in California is going to affect the attendance at a game in the Southeast or anywhere else away from my area. It's too bad they aren't offered cause I'm sure viewers would pony up some more fees.

Tobar,

There is a reason that both Dish or DirecTV MUST blackout Pro Sports games from NON DMA RSN's. That reason is the each and every Local RSN only owns the local rights for the team they carry, those rights are purchased from the leagues (MLB, NBA, MLS etc...) directly by the local RSN's. The reason these channels can carry the games they do and still stay in business with small market shares is the rights they purchase are only for their own DMA's.

Yes you can get all PRO games on the OUT of Market channels, this is to subscribe to the leagues out of market packages, ie Extra Innings, Center Ice, Full Court, etc...) Yes, these packages cost big bucks as well. Generally the league packages are use the RSN's own feeds to deliver the League's OOM (Out Of Market) Packages.

Lastly one big reason to get the RSN package is for sports that your Local RSN may not carry like, Motocross, AutoCross, Rallying and other Non US Pro Sports as well as other NON Major League games like, AHL, A-League Soccer, Arena League Games, NLL (Lacrosse) and others.

It all depends on what you want, if you want all of the major league games then you will need the corresponding Leagues' pass and they are about 150-200 Bucks per Season per Sport and yes that is BIG BUCKS, and YES all are available on either provider Except for NFL and that is only on DirecTV.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts