Quality PC program to rip Blu-ray's for easier access?

Most of the rippers that you see work only with non-copy-protected discs (or using special software that takes them out). If this is good enough for you, pretty much anything will work.

If you're talking about ripping theatrical release movie discs and the like, that's generally prohibited by the DMCA so ripping them is considerably more complex. I'm not sure what's in play if you have (or had as the case may be) Ultraviolet rights.

I find slipping a disc into a player quite convenient.

But I do copy my CDs onto my PC and iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I use a combo of MakeMKV and Handbrake to make mkv files of only my own BD movies to put on my own personal media server to view only on my own HDTV. I do not make the files available to anyone else...
Just as long as it is understood that DMCA makes absolutely no such distinction.

Well, neither of these programs can handle DD 5.1 surround which is important. So yes, I'll be staying with the old "Put the disc in the blu ray player" method :)

Don’t they pass thru the original audio file, as it is just pulling the raw files off the disc and putting them in an mkv container?

I know handbrake will passthru, as I leave the AC3 audio intact on files I encode to hevc from my TiVo

Vudu has a nice disc to digital conversion program,blu ray(HDX) $2.,DVD $5. to upgrade to 1080p.(HDX)
I like buying my new movies from them,HD:mad:1080p) $19.99-$14.99,they offer alot of new movies in UHD for$19.99,or less,Disney is normally $24.99 for UHD, which is 4K with the ATMOS track.

Well, neither of these programs can handle DD 5.1 surround which is important. So yes, I'll be staying with the old "Put the disc in the blu ray player" method :)
MakeMKV is just a decoded blu-ray, so it has every audio option in the blu-ray. Trouble is the file is large. I thought I saw Handbrake had 5.1 options for MP4.

And of course, this is for owned movies for personal use only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts