quarterly earnings call

Nothing really.

The most interesting thing that was said is that the next earnings call my be Charlies Last except for the Annual Earnings call.

Charlie said the other 10 Voom Channels will be up around the first of the year and will be in MPEG4. He also said he is willing to churn good customers who want new HD equipment as he does not want to give them a new recevier now and then in 3 or 4 months turn around and have to give them a MPEG4 unit instead.

Other then that it was dull, but it was really funny to hear them put their spin on some of the topics. I really hope the analysts are not that dumb to fall for some of the spin that was given.

Thanks for the quick reply!

"He also said he is will to churn good customers who want new HD equipment as he does not want to give them a new recevier then in 3 or 4 months turn around and have to give them a MPEG4 unit instead."

I'm sure I understand this part.........

Scott Greczkowski said:
Fixed it (I was typing it and had 5 things going on at once.)

Sorry about that. :D

Thats OK! You have to type real slow for a guy like me.:D Sounds like there will be a whole lot of pissed of new HD Subs come the first of the year.

Scott:

OK, why would the next one be Charlie's last one? Except for the annual one, is he just handing it over to someone else? Or disengaging from day to day ops (hard to believe)?

So the earnings call had more info than the Chat. MPEG-4 transmitting around the first of the year sounds like the 411 and maybe the 422 will be shipping sometime in the last quarter. Maybe the 962 will ship Q1 2006. Maybe. And maybe their new satellite assignments will be done by then. Maybe.

Charlie is going to let others run things short term (<1 year) while he focuses on long term (>2 years).

All earnings calls start with the company giving out their earnings and then analysts get to ask management questions.

The Q&A are always where good info is given because the analyst can ask about anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts