Quest went live last night

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes KC's getting it soon my bad and with maybe others if Fox Television buys back WDAF because none of it's stations O and O's have Antenna TV,This TV,TBD as Sub Channels.

Last edited:
It's good to have a factual channel like Quest as a subchannel. I really think this channel is a great idea for a subchannel as there is nothing like it available on OTA in the US. Most other subchannels focus on classic TV shows and I think this channel will do well although if they don't keep adding new shows it will become stale. Some shows they acquired have few episodes and will be repeated over again such as IRT: Deadliest Roads only have 23 episodes and will be repeated over and over again. Why couldnt they acquire the original Ice Road Truckers series as this has 138 episodes. Or as new episodes are still airing on History today can you not get the rights for it or how does it work?
I wonder will they add new shows every few months like they do with Justice Network? How about early seasons of popular shows like Storage Wars, How It's Made or Pawn Stars, Salvage Hunters or Wheeler Dealers?
Could they acquire first-run shows from Canada/UK/Australia that are not shown in the US like Aussie Pickers, Demolition Man, Goblin Works Garage for the network in the future or going into original shows?
Also as Justice Network is available on Dish Network, could Quest launch on Dish also?
What other shows could they acquire?

Quest has been live here for a few weeks. 10-4 WTSP. Not a bad lineup overall but have to see how many episodes of each show they have and will the schedule stay stale or will they add new shows, drop others etc...
In regards to repeated shows, IRT only has 23 episodes ever made so they have them all in that case and I can see it could repeat through but that is what I mean will they refresh the lineup or let it repeat over and over. As a different example of what I mean a big deal was made about Johnny Carson being on Antenna TV and I see the same set of shows over and over so it appears they acquired a small number of shows. But it's a nice addition so far.

The US OTA channel Quest pales in comparison to the UK OTA channel called Quest. It would be good if Discovery launched a US version of their OTA UK channel called Quest. It has more recent repeats of Discovery Channel series like Gold Rush, How It's Made etc. It even has first-run original shows and series from Discovery Channel Canada like Heavy Rescue: 401 and Rocky Mountain Railroad air first-run on Quest. Other series like Demolition Man from Australia air first-run on the channel.
Quest TV
If Quest in the US keeps airing the same shows over and over again the schedule will become stale and the channel will become boring like others especially as some shows have few episodes. Its something different for a subchannel anyway.

The US OTA channel Quest pales in comparison to the UK OTA channel called Quest. It would be good if Discovery launched a US version of their OTA UK channel called Quest. It has more recent repeats of Discovery Channel series like Gold Rush, How It's Made etc. It even has first-run original shows and series from Discovery Channel Canada like Heavy Rescue: 401 and Rocky Mountain Railroad air first-run on Quest. Other series like Demolition Man from Australia air first-run on the channel.
Quest TV
If Quest in the US keeps airing the same shows over and over again the schedule will become stale and the channel will become boring like others especially as some shows have few episodes. Its something different for a subchannel anyway.

:deadhorse
Here

Call up David Zaslav and tell him to pull all the programming off Discovery, Velocity and Science and move it to Quest, so US viewers can quit paying for the channels. He can add another 10 mins of commercials to each episode to help cover the losses from the pay tv shutdown.

David Zaslav -CEO
One Discovery Place
Silver Spring, MD 20910

Reactions: Tampa8
Some series they show like Battle 360, Mystery Quest and Building the Brand only have 10 episodes. The Detanotors and Tougher in Alaska only haversion 13 episodes. The schedule is already beginning to get stale. I suppose spinoffs IRT: Deadliest Roads (23) and Mystery Quest (10)were cheaper than IRT (138) and Monster Quest (68) (a lot more episodes). It would be better if they aired more longer lasting series like Extreme Engineering, Dirty Jobs or even early seasons of How It's Made. The seem to update Justice Network with new shows every so often so they may do the same with Quest?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts