Question aboout Superstations

If you want HD Superstaions get a Bell sub. They have WGN-CW9 Chicago, WPIX CW11 NYC, WSBK MY38 Boston, WPCH IND17 Atlanta, KTLA CW5 LA, CHCH IND11 Hamilton, ON all in HD. No WWOR though.

How difficult & costly is it to get a Bell sub, if you know...and are all those channels off the same sat location - 92?

We'll see Superstations in HD when the FCC finally lifts the stupid Syndex law. If you're waiting for that day to come, watch the sky everyday. When you see pigs flapping their wings up there, all of us Syndex haters can rejoice! ;)

I am pretty sure that is in the law. The FCC would not have authority to modify it.

The FCC was set up by Congress to write rules and regulations to ENFORCE the laws Congress passes. IOW, Congress passes the laws. The FCC is the police man. It is up to Congress to change the laws that direct the FCC to write the regulations. The executive branch only has the power to appoint the commissioners.

As the chief mentioned, it's in the law so the FCC can only enforce the law. They cannot modify it.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/47/612
(a) The Federal Communications Commission shall initiate a combined inquiry and rulemaking proceeding for the purpose of— (1) determining the feasibility of imposing syndicated exclusivity rules with respect to the delivery of syndicated programming (as defined by the Commission) for private home viewing of secondary transmissions by satellite of broadcast station signals similar to the rules issued by the Commission with respect to syndicated exclusivity and cable television; and
(2) adopting such rules if the Commission considers the imposition of such rules to be feasible.
(b) In the event that the Commission adopts such rules, any willful and repeated secondary transmission made by a satellite carrier to the public of a primary transmission embodying the performance or display of a work which violates such Commission rules shall be subject to the remedies, sanctions, and penalties provided by subchapter V of this chapter and section 605 of this title.

I remember u watched the super stations to see the braves or the Cubs and the Mets and Yankees
The Atlanta braves were America’s team before the cowboys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)