Question aboout Superstations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I go on and off with the superstations , as others have said it is a bit intresting watching the news from LA, having them in HD would be nice

If you want HD Superstaions get a Bell sub. They have WGN-CW9 Chicago, WPIX CW11 NYC, WSBK MY38 Boston, WPCH IND17 Atlanta, KTLA CW5 LA, CHCH IND11 Hamilton, ON all in HD. No WWOR though.

I still watch them,... And I don't see how it is thought the cost high. ......

Because years ago when Dish ONLY had mostly SD it was like $5 for all the Super Stations. Then when HD came out they raised the price but its still in SD for $8 a month.
Almost like the high price helps pay for the HD equipment then needed.
Is anyone grand father in a lower rates?

Some one on the other site is claiming was released today. The post is from a dirt member or one that has that in there title anyway

DIRT member was RaymondG@DISH

Any confirm? Still says out of stock on site. How long does it take to update the store. Or do you have to call to order it?

Because years ago when Dish ONLY had mostly SD it was like $5 for all the Super Stations. Then when HD came out they raised the price but its still in SD for $8 a month.
Almost like the high price helps pay for the HD equipment then needed.
Is anyone grand father in a lower rates?

Rates go up for everything, it went up a total of $2 for all five channels. Milk went up when HD was added too.
And its $7 not $8.

Everyone has HD now so the super stations in SD is not worth the high price any more.
It is almost a rip off.
Dish needs to cut the price in half since its not in HD. I bet dish might even make more money then more might sign up with a lower ala carte price.
\

Not everyone has HD locals and not everyone has the CW in their local package (without "moving") with DISH nor does every market have the CW OTA hence the reason why I still subscribe to the superstation package even though I could probably get by with just one CW channel. Even though I totally agree the PQ sucks. 9

Some one on the other site is claiming was released today. The post is from a dirt member or one that has that in there title anyway

Any confirm? Still says out of stock on site. How long does it take to update the store. Or do you have to call to order it?

Was this posted in the wrong thread?

So, what? Do we have to go to the DISH store to get superstations in HD?

There is my missing post. Yes it was posted in the wrong thread. I looked and looked for it. Today I found it :) Sorry for the mix up.
I still wish we had the Superstations in HD or at least were allowed to get ANY nearby Super that we are in the spot beam area for in HD.

I bet Dish would sell more SupperStation packages and make lot more profit if they were in HD for $10
$7 for SD
$10 for HD
Dish bean counters are you listening?

I bet Dish would sell more SupperStation packages and make lot more profit if they were in HD for $10
$7 for SD
$10 for HD

$7 for SD
$10 for HD

Or a lot more local stations would complain about syndex and DISH would sell a whole lot less Superstations.

We'll see Superstations in HD when the FCC finally lifts the stupid Syndex law. If you're waiting for that day to come, watch the sky everyday. When you see pigs flapping their wings up there, all of us Syndex haters can rejoice! ;)

$7 for SD
$10 for HD

Based on? Didn't work that way for HD distants for two companies - AAD or Dish.

Some day all channels will be in HD. Kind of like back then when some said all shows would never all be in color. It may take 10 years though.

I would think by the end of this decade all tv will be HD. Of course they are trying to push 4k now ,so who knows if they will ever finish just plain hd now. But at $25,000 for a 4k tv, I don't think will see many rushing out the door to buy one.:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)