Question about 3 LNB in apartment complex

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SoCoKC04

Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
This will be a fairly long post I am sorry. I live in an apartment community that provides Directv through a central dish. And it so happens that the dish is a round single LNB dish that can't recieve locals or any other new features of Directv. I have contacted the company that provides the service for the apartments and they state the technology is not there to put the new directv dishes up and provide us the tenants with the locals, tivo, HD etc. Is this a true statement or are they trying to give me a line of BS. I will give you a bit of an idea of what I believe is going on, the setup they have is one dish runs two buildings 9 apartments in each building with 3 wall plates in each apartment. They have a TV antenna jamned in the attic to supposedly provide us our locals at no cost but one channel doesn't come in at all and the rest are no where near the quality I could get through directv. They state that the technology in the destacker or something like that doesn't allow them to provide us the 3 LNB oval dish is this true?? If not can I get specific details on what they can do to provide us with this service please. I meet with one of there installers tomorrow morning to explain to me why they can't and I would like to have some ammo to show them that they can if it is possible. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

They're probably telling you this because a stacker/destacker system can get VERY expensive.

Can you get the dish on your own?

Yes per the FCC ruling in 99' I can place a dish on my balconie I do believe since they are not providing me the programming I desire. This leads to my next question since I already have Directv programming through them can I still get some of the dish deals etc. since I never recieved a dish??

If you pay for DTV through the apt. office, I would try and sign up with DTV as a new customer. I live in an apt. complex with the three lnb dish, installed it myself, and never had a problem. Even had it covered up with a large black trash bag, tied at the bottom, until the ruling in 99. Nobody ever knew what it was, or if they did, they didn't say anything.

I have the three lNB on my balcony hanging over the side a good 2 feet into the "common air" off the side of the building. The complex is totally OK with this and even came and looked at it and approved of it.

No one can take away my HD now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.