Question about 622 install

sonnyboy11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2005
Hi all. Got my 622 yesterday. Install is not till 2/22. Waiting is no big deal but I am thinking I might be able to install it on my own. Here is my setup

Current receiver- 811

Two Dishs on roof, one Dish 500 for 110/119 and one Dish 300 for 61.5

Since I only have one line going to my 811, I guess I need to use the line seperator that comes with the 622 for the dual-tuner. Problem is, I'm not sure if I can or not. Here is the info from my system (line h in system menu)

DP34-500, Twin-1(1), Twin-2(2), Dual-1(3)

Can I do this myself or do I need to wait for the installer? Thx for any help.

gdarwin said:
To use the separator you will need a DPP44 or run another line from the DP34

I was afraid of that. So probably best to wait for the installer if I don't want to go up on the roof, eh?

Just Piccked Up My 622 From Ups, Can I Do Any Install Without 2nd Dish Or Dp44. Right Now I Have 500 Quad With No Switches, All Singel Feed To 3 Rec And One I Move Rec To 4th Tv?

sonnyboy11 said:
Hi all. Got my 622 yesterday. Install is not till 2/22. Waiting is no big deal but I am thinking I might be able to install it on my own. Here is my setup

Current receiver- 811

Two Dishs on roof, one Dish 500 for 110/119 and one Dish 300 for 61.5

Since I only have one line going to my 811, I guess I need to use the line seperator that comes with the 622 for the dual-tuner. Problem is, I'm not sure if I can or not. Here is the info from my system (line h in system menu)

DP34-500, Twin-1(1), Twin-2(2), Dual-1(3)

Can I do this myself or do I need to wait for the installer? Thx for any help.

you will be better of waiting untile your installer

Thanks for all the help guys. Hey volkodav, I think you are Russian, right? You watchin hockey on UHD at all? I am a pretty big fan of the Russian team. My fave player here

g_ovechkin_ft.jpg

it's complicated I'm originally from Estonia but i speak Russian. i do watch hockey occasionally i mostly don't have time. and i prefer going to real games. i got to watch couple of minutes of Olympics today when Russians winning against Swedish

Last edited:
hello

got my 622 today just wondering since i have a dual 522 dvr now, can i just use the 2 coax thats coming into the 522 thats being replaced by the 622,, without using the single to dual switch that comes with the 622 in the box ?

thanks

tesla said:
hello

got my 622 today just wondering since i have a dual 522 dvr now, can i just use the 2 coax thats coming into the 522 thats being replaced by the 622,, without using the single to dual switch that comes with the 622 in the box ?

thanks

yes you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts