Question about 622 install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sonnyboy11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2005
Hi all. Got my 622 yesterday. Install is not till 2/22. Waiting is no big deal but I am thinking I might be able to install it on my own. Here is my setup

Current receiver- 811

Two Dishs on roof, one Dish 500 for 110/119 and one Dish 300 for 61.5

Since I only have one line going to my 811, I guess I need to use the line seperator that comes with the 622 for the dual-tuner. Problem is, I'm not sure if I can or not. Here is the info from my system (line h in system menu)

DP34-500, Twin-1(1), Twin-2(2), Dual-1(3)

Can I do this myself or do I need to wait for the installer? Thx for any help.

gdarwin said:
To use the separator you will need a DPP44 or run another line from the DP34

I was afraid of that. So probably best to wait for the installer if I don't want to go up on the roof, eh?

Just Piccked Up My 622 From Ups, Can I Do Any Install Without 2nd Dish Or Dp44. Right Now I Have 500 Quad With No Switches, All Singel Feed To 3 Rec And One I Move Rec To 4th Tv?

sonnyboy11 said:
Hi all. Got my 622 yesterday. Install is not till 2/22. Waiting is no big deal but I am thinking I might be able to install it on my own. Here is my setup

Current receiver- 811

Two Dishs on roof, one Dish 500 for 110/119 and one Dish 300 for 61.5

Since I only have one line going to my 811, I guess I need to use the line seperator that comes with the 622 for the dual-tuner. Problem is, I'm not sure if I can or not. Here is the info from my system (line h in system menu)

DP34-500, Twin-1(1), Twin-2(2), Dual-1(3)

Can I do this myself or do I need to wait for the installer? Thx for any help.

you will be better of waiting untile your installer

Thanks for all the help guys. Hey volkodav, I think you are Russian, right? You watchin hockey on UHD at all? I am a pretty big fan of the Russian team. My fave player here

g_ovechkin_ft.jpg

it's complicated I'm originally from Estonia but i speak Russian. i do watch hockey occasionally i mostly don't have time. and i prefer going to real games. i got to watch couple of minutes of Olympics today when Russians winning against Swedish

Last edited:
hello

got my 622 today just wondering since i have a dual 522 dvr now, can i just use the 2 coax thats coming into the 522 thats being replaced by the 622,, without using the single to dual switch that comes with the 622 in the box ?

thanks

tesla said:
hello

got my 622 today just wondering since i have a dual 522 dvr now, can i just use the 2 coax thats coming into the 522 thats being replaced by the 622,, without using the single to dual switch that comes with the 622 in the box ?

thanks

yes you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)