question about 921

detroittech

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
is it possible to record something to the dvr hard drive from the built in OTA tuner? by setting a manual timer maybe? don't have a 921 and i'm curious.

Yes. If you subscribe to the sat locals package, you can just pick the program out of the EPG just like you can any other channel. If you don't have the locals package, you can still manually create a timer by specifying a start and end time.

Widescreen said:
Yes. If you subscribe to the sat locals package, you can just pick the program out of the EPG just like you can any other channel. If you don't have the locals package, you can still manually create a timer by specifying a start and end time.

You do not necessarily have to subscribe to your locals, to have them show up in the EPG.
If your OTA channel is one that Dish carries, and you have a dish pointing at the bird that that channel is coming from; it will show up in your EPG without subscribing to it.

Example: I can pick up Baltimore and Washington with my OTA antenna.
I have dishes pointing at 119/110/61.5.
I do not subscribe to these cities through Dish Network.
Balitmore is on the 105, so those channels say Local Programming in my EPG.
All of the Washington channels show up with the correct program information.
So, if I want to record a program on a channel from Balt, I have to manually create a timer.
If I want to record a program on a Washington channel, it is seemless, and records just as if I subscribed to the channels.

Only the main channel will show up with program information in the EPG. The sub-channels will say Local Programming.

I'M KEEPING MY 921. WAITING FOR THE NEXT HD-DVR. IT WILL BE BETTER THAN THE 622!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)