"share" 625 box recordings

msutton

Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
Hello,

I have two 625 DVR boxes. One is set up in the front of the house and one is set up in my bedroom. I have two because sometimes I need/want to record 4 things at the same time. Now I want to be able to watch what is recorded on the front box in my bedroom and vice versa. The guy who came out and installed for me mentioned that he could do it for $90 or so. At the time I did not have a need for it, but now I am spolied and would like this extra luxury. He said he would be able to do it with a duplexor or a multiplexor? Can somebody tell me what is needed and where to install it in the setup. Thanks for your help.

msutton said:
Hello,

I have two 625 DVR boxes. One is set up in the front of the house and one is set up in my bedroom. I have two because sometimes I need/want to record 4 things at the same time. Now I want to be able to watch what is recorded on the front box in my bedroom and vice versa. The guy who came out and installed for me mentioned that he could do it for $90 or so. At the time I did not have a need for it, but now I am spolied and would like this extra luxury. He said he would be able to do it with a duplexor or a multiplexor? Can somebody tell me what is needed and where to install it in the setup. Thanks for your help.

M Sutton,

Both 625's have a RF Modulated Output on the TV2 Output. Select a Channel on each that is not used or distributed via your Coax cable in your home. Be sure you select channels that are clear on each side, in other words if you choose TV2 RF Output channels 30 and 32 on your 625's be sure there is not any signal on channels 29, 31, or 33.

Take the RF TV 2 Outputs from each receiver and connect it to a standard Splitter/Combiner, connect each output to the same side of the splitter the Output end now has BOTH your TV2 RF outputs, now you can run that cable to any TV's in your home.

You can tune to either TV2 output at any TV's depending which channel you select on your TV. Since you are controling the TV2 outputs all you need to do is change the remote address of the Remote of either UHF remote control to remote address of the 625 you wish to control.

This works if you have the receivers in Dual Mode, but if you use the receivers in single mode you can change the setup of each receiver to accept UHF remote commands on TV1 as well as TV2, just be sure you select unique remote address for each tuner of each receiver if you use the receivers in dual mode, also select Shared view.

John

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)