Question about cancel service= Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dbalone

Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
I have had directv for 5 months now. I have the tivo dvr and a 2 year agreement to start. I do own the equipment. The problem is that I live in an apartment and a tree is now interfering with my dish. When it was installed it did not seem it would be a problem. But with new growth, etc. it now is affecting my dish almost everyday, especially when the wind blows. I cannot do anything to this tree, it is not mine. There is no place else to move the dish and I would like to watch some good tv. If I have to cancel, what will happen. I was told over the phone today I would have to pay $150.00. I hate to do this but It appears I may not have any choice. Do I still keep the equipment? Can I return it and not pay? And do you return just the receiver or the dish also?

Read your copy of the contract with Directv. Some contracts state that if you return all equipment to Directv there is no cancellation penalty. Only you Directv and your dealer have copies of the contract you agreed to. From the time frame you probably can return equipment.

Yep, I would also search said contract (that you signed off on) AND call; and see how it specifically relates to LoS issues, before and after the install.

According to my agreement for a dvr it is up to $300.00 pro-rated or return the equipment. Is it just the reciever I return? Everything but the dish? Also, did any of this change when they went to the lease format? Technically I never signed anything, it was all done online.

When you perform an electroninc transaction you are "e-signing" there are mis-conceptions that these are not signature legal binding contracts, but they are. Its asks and confirms more than once that you have read, understand and agree to all the EULA and terms and conditions. Your BEST BET, is to call them directly, make sure to ask for case ID# and alway get the name and ID of your contacts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)