Question about CBS-HD

hayesgb

Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
I have a question about HD distant networks and was hoping someone could help.

I just upgraded to HD, and receive Atlanta CBS as a distant network. I thought I could expect to receive the CBS-HD feed when I got the VIP211. I'm being told I can't, and that I can't receive the CBS east coast feed until it moves from 61.5 to 129. Does anyone know if this is right? If so, does anyone know when the east coast HD feed will move from 61.5 to 129?

Thanks.

The East and West HD feeds are on the wings (61.5 NY 148 LA) There is no plans that I have seen to move them to 129.

From what I heard, E* is trying to get more of the local HD's up before worrying about Distant HD's with the exception of the CBS-HD feed which has been up for several years now. There is no plans to move that CBS off of 61.5 right now either (it is the NY feed and NY HD's will be staying on 61.5 for the time being.) Also, it was announced this past week that Atlanta will no longer be available as a distant network as well. E* is trying to get as many customers to their local dma with them getting their networks in HD via OTA where they can. If you still can't get them, then you should be able to get the HD via distant networks. E* states they are working to figure out who is entitled to what (as far as HD is concerned) before offering the distant HD's. The are not promising anything to be done before June or July. There are many threads concerning this issue under the Dish Network High Definition in this site. However, if you can get 61.5 back onto you current system, you should still see the CBS-HD.

Last edited:
What about getting CBS-HD from Nashville as a significantly viewed market? I'm in Bowling Green, KY.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts