Will there be plenty of 622's on April 1?

oliver

Jul 29, 2005
Shreveport, LA
There has been numerous posts on this site concerning opinions on whether or not there will be plenty of 622's to meet the demand on April 1. I will be calling for the upgrade on April 1 and hope there will not be a shortage / long delay. Does anyone on this site really know? :hungry:

I'll be calling on 4/1 also, but I'll be surprised if they can get one installed before May though. I'm planning on a long wait. With my luck they'll probably jack up the Dish 1000 install too.

I don't believe so, I don't even think they shipped 10,000 units yet. (Last I heard through the grapevine that the number was somewhere around 5000)

Don't be surprised if you order one April 1st and don't get it until May or June (if not later)

Wow, "Don't be surprised if you order one April 1st and don't get it until May or June (if not later)" that is kinda disheartening. I didn't think I'd have to wait more than a month. All well. As long as I can get ESPN2HD before college football starts again.

Gonna be alot of unhappy folks who have been waiting to purchase on waiting lists who haven't get one....... if there handing them out for $99 bucks!

lakebum431 said:
Wow, "Don't be surprised if you order one April 1st and don't get it until May or June (if not later)" that is kinda disheartening. I didn't think I'd have to wait more than a month. All well. As long as I can get ESPN2HD before college football starts again.

Why not order the 622 now and sell your 921 or 942 on EBay? So far the 921's are holding their value between $200 and $300. One 921 even had a strong warning on not getting dish HD channels upon activation and it sold for close to $250.

My original plan was to wait until April 1st, but I ordered the 622 on March 7th and got a March 29th install date. I'll put my 921 up for auction and it will be sold by the first week of April, and hopefully for more than $200. This is a little bit of a gamble, but I will avoid the Apirl Fools promotion rush.

It won't effect me as I am trading in a 322 (ordered a 622 last week) and will be paying $299 anyway but I got a sneaking feeling if there is a shortage come April, new customers will get theirs first then people trading in units that will not have an upgrade rebate coming and then those who will be getting the rebate.

I will be pleasantly surprised if I get my 622 ordered Apirl 1st by May 30. However, I wonder if they charge your account immediately or when they ship? Don't forget. It is going to be a $300 charge to your account with $200 being credited to programing. So if they charge on order, they get use of the money longer before they need to ship. I am just quoting what Charlie said the other night. you get charged a full $300 and then get a rebate credit to be used later for $200. If I am wrong correct me.

>I wonder if they charge your account immediately or when they ship?

Credit Cards are charged immediately (actually while you are on the phone). This has always been Dish's practice and I doubt it will change for the April Fool's Day Deal.

I don't think supply is as much of an issue as "install dates". My second upgrade 622 arrived in 10 days (ordered 3/3 arrived 3/13), would have been only 8 days if UPS delivered "Saturday Delivery" to my area.

gutter said:
I will be pleasantly surprised if I get my 622 ordered Apirl 1st by May 30. However, I wonder if they charge your account immediately or when they ship? Don't forget. It is going to be a $300 charge to your account with $200 being credited to programing. So if they charge on order, they get use of the money longer before they need to ship. I am just quoting what Charlie said the other night. you get charged a full $300 and then get a rebate credit to be used later for $200. If I am wrong correct me.

Ordered my 622 on March 7th and got charged on the 9th - no receiver yet but it's scheduled to be installed March 29th.

When the charge card bill comes I won't pay for it unless I have it in hand.

Yeah, well ordering the new receiver is just part of the problem. They are still short of DPP44 switches - (I've been looking for a month - 2 replies from ceo@echostar and they are looking)

May or June is just the beginning of your frustrations. Much more to come.

One user reported his 3/14 installation was cancelled (after he sat waiting for the installer) and changed to 4/18.

I think we'll be waiting a while.

Some of you early adopters tell us if it is worth the $99 to upgrade. I haven't seen a lot of WOW posts about content and it seems that the 622 is no more powerful than the 942. What's a guy to do?:confused:

Y2k06 said:
Yeah, well ordering the new receiver is just part of the problem. They are still short of DPP44 switches - (I've been looking for a month - 2 replies from ceo@echostar and they are looking)

Well the DPP44 won't be a problem from me as that is what they installed when I got my installation last May with my 942

Y2k06 said:

Yea. DPP 44 switches are in High Demand. According to my echosphere sales rep, they are out across the country. I tried to get some Drop shipped to me today and was unsuccessful.

Really wish they'd just come up with an adapter to work with the DP34. Can't be that difficult to set up a Diplexor style switch that carries 2 satellite feeds and can split them at the other end.

I expect the Dish phones will start ringing at 12:01 am on 4/1 with 921 and 942 callers.

You guys won't have me in your way. I may wait until 4/30 to keep milking my HD promotional discount. When I signed up for HD last June, I got the $4.99 HD Pack for one year promotion. So I'm only paying $9.99 for it and VOOM.

So I might not see a 622 before July 1.

Anybody know a "free" DPP44 part of the deal when you get a 621? I have a DP34 right now with 3 out of 4 runs used. I'd rather get a DPP44 and have single runs.

Technically, you are supposed to be required by Dish to need 4 satellite/orbital locations in order to received your subscribed programming to guarantee a DPP44 being included.

So if all you need are 110, 119, and 61.5 or 129, then you don't require a DPP44.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)