Question about connecting 2 home distribution outputs together on 722's

kwd57

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
Is it possible to connect the home distribution outputs from 2 722's together through a splitter that is feeding multiple tv's throughout the house so I can watch any of the 4 tv1 and tv2's after assigning 4 different air channels in the modulator setup?

seeing the 722 only has rca or hd cables for tv1 you would be hard pressed to get 4 different channels out of the 2 rcvr's...

I've done it with tv1 and tv2 and cable. You might need a Video Distribution Hub. I would try a 4 way splitter backwards then feed your other tvs from their and just see if you like the picture quality.
Lets us know how you make out.

seeing the 722 only has rca or hd cables for tv1 you would be hard pressed to get 4 different channels out of the 2 rcvr's...

ummm, not so hard pressed really, seeing as the 722 can send TV1 and TV2 signals down the TV2 wire on different channel numbers all at the same time.........

what the OP is trying to do is fully doable with a little potential jacking around.

I recommend he also get a hold of a couple of spare 6.3 remotes and set up the TV1's as UHF also.

I can do it on my 622.:confused: It all comes out of the same home distribution connection.

You are right in what you are saying, but I want to combine the 2 722 distribution outlets together to give the option to see all 4 modulated outputs (which will have 4 different air channels) on the remote tv's.

You are right in what you are saying, but I want to combine the 2 722 distribution outlets together to give the option to see all 4 modulated outputs (which will have 4 different air channels) on the remote tv's.

its doable so do it! get a 4-way splitter and connect the 2-TV2 backfeeds from the 2-recievers to it, and then connect the 2 cables that run to the 2-TV2's to it, tune all four feeds to separate channels (with at least 2 or 3 channels between them), and go auto tune your TVs! Should work! If any of the pictures are bad, mess around with different channel numbers. you may need an amplifier such as the Dish Super Home Node, which is just a fancy powered spiltter.

get er done!

ummm, not so hard pressed really, seeing as the 722 can send TV1 and TV2 signals down the TV2 wire on different channel numbers all at the same time.........

what the OP is trying to do is fully doable with a little potential jacking around.

I recommend he also get a hold of a couple of spare 6.3 remotes and set up the TV1's as UHF also.

Have you been able to get a uhf remote to work on the 722's TV1? I have a 522 that doesn't seem to take anything but a I/R signal on TV1 without buying the kit that dish sells that converts UHF back to I/R to the front of the 522.

So all you need is a 2 way splitter and then different channels for all 4.

Is there a splitter that has 2 in and 1 out or could I hook a normal splitter up backwards?

dont know why hes telling you a 2 way splitter, in my eyes you need a 4-way. Ignore the markings on a simple splitter that say IN or OUT. All connections on a simple splitter are both an IN and an OUT. A simple splitter is like stripping all of your cables and twisting together all the wires.

A 722 can be set up for TV1 UHF if you can get a hold of 6.3 remotes, as I said above.

dont know why hes telling you a 2 way splitter, in my eyes you need a 4-way. Ignore the markings on a simple splitter that say IN or OUT. All connections on a simple splitter are both an IN and an OUT. A simple splitter is like stripping all of your cables and twisting together all the wires.

I was hoping that someone here has already tried what I am wanting to do since I am not 100% sure on the result of connecting the 2 outputs together.

I was hoping that someone here has already tried what I am wanting to do since I am not 100% sure on the result of connecting the 2 outputs together.

im an installer and i do this all the time. dont be such a chicken (buc buc) :p

Simple each receiver has one coaxial out. So you set each tv1 and tv2 on each receiver to a different channel number then combine them together with a two way splitter. Now you have all 4 channels in one cable, so you can then split that to as many tvs as you want. This way you don't have all the spaghetti behind one set. Then if you don't like your picture quality you can put a amplifier on that one cable.

Yes a a normal splitter hooked up backwards.

Last edited:
Have you been able to get a uhf remote to work on the 722's TV1? I have a 522 that doesn't seem to take anything but a I/R signal on TV1 without buying the kit that dish sells that converts UHF back to I/R to the front of the 522.
I have a 625 and this threw me (and one Dish CSR) at first. Fortunately I found the correct answer on this forum in a locked thread on remotes. (Thanks Pepper!)

I bought two extra 6.0 remotes so that I could run TV1 as well as TV2 via UHF. But what I didn't understand at first was that 6.0 remotes have a two-position switch under the TV 1/2 key. This switch makes the remote IR-only, or UHF-only. Furthermore, the receiver and both remotes all ship already set to channel 1. The only thing that distinguishes the two remotes supplied with a 522 or 625 (on the receiver side) is the fact that they emit only IR or only UHF. The receiver TV1 settings include reception of UHF and IR both, but that can't change how 6.0 remotes operate.

Bottom line: get TV1 or TV2 off channel 1 before trying to switch TV1 into UHF/IR mode. Otherwise there will be a collision and you'll never get it to work.

im an installer and i do this all the time. dont be such a chicken (buc buc) :p

A good quality splitter will have RF isolation between outputs. So, if you hook your modulated channels into the splitter using the out ports, you should only get good video from the In port. Connecting the two back fed TVs to the Out ports of that four way splitter should create high isolation and those TVs would have bad pics. Unless it's a real cheapo splitter, those things even pass voltage when they're not intended to do so.

OP's best option is to connect the two Home Distro ports to a backwards two-way splitter. Then, from the In port, connect that wire to a separate splitter for whole house distribution. Total splitter loss is about 7db with (2) two-way splitters, not bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)