Status
Please reply by conversation.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
i plan on switching towards the middle of next year when my commitment is up with dish. i like the idea of having the hd tivo, but heard it is kind of slow. i am wondering if direct has a successor planned for it.

i would also like to get one standard receiver (SD) non tivo (basic receiver for the bedroom). so what one should i be looking at and are there new ones planed. this one would be the lease important receiver for me.

i would also like to have a receiver similar to the 522. tivo and ability to output to two televisons. it would be in one of my kids bedrooms and then outputted to his tv and then the other output to the other bedroom not that far away. what does direct have for this?

Regarding a new HD DVR, no one know when DIRECTV will release a new HD DVR, but new models are typically released every 12 - 18 months. The HR10-250 was first shipped in very limited allocations in mid-April '04.

For your basic receiver, the D10 is the latest release and it's a very good set top box.

The DIRECTV DVR model R10 is the latest DVR and most users love it. The R10 is a dual tuner DVR and can be slaved to other TV's trough the RF coax or by a RF modulator using the RCA Yellow/Red/White composite connectors. DIRECT does not have a receiver that can tune different channels from one set top box, so you will be watching the same channel on the forth TV.

-Robert

thanks for the response. so if it is released 12 - 18 months after the previous one, by mid next year, we should know if something is coming.

do you think direct would have something similar to the 522 in the works? i would kind of think it would be a no brainer.

if you are the valueelectronics guy, thanks for your donations to the holiday party.

Yes, he is, and I 2nd the thanks (even though I didn't win :( )

Robert - you might have HD Tivo buyer # 2 from this thread on his way too :)

Robert is a very nice guy to deal with. I've dealt with Value Electronics for my OTA antenna and when I go to upgrade to an HD DTivo unit I will be ordering it from VE.

Thanks again Robert for yall's support and donations for the holiday party. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)