Question about Directv & Dishstore

Status
Please reply by conversation.

springwoodslasher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Indiana
I'm planning on switching from Dish Network to Directv so I can watch NBA League Pass in HD and get back the Disney channels in HD for the family. I have a couple questions about setting up service with Dishstore. Can I still use a referral when I go through them and can I request to get 2 HR-24's? If anyone can help me answering these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

i used them. they do not take refferels, but they have a $100 rebate. took @ 2-3 weeks ad i had the check
i did request te equipment i wanted, had it noted on the contract with the statement if i didnt get that i would refuse the install
they did show up with the correct units. dont know if that made a difference or not

With Dishstore, I don't know.
I think they are considered a retailer and do there own installs which would mean you would get the latest equipment.

With us, it has little to no effect as I get what I get.

However, I think most shops have the majority of their HD receivers 24 series.
D* seems to be getting a lot better on this and sending out less refurbs.

Well I guess I will have to roll the dice and hope for HR-24's. I want to use the referral credit to help a family member. Thanks for your help.

Even better, if they have one of those cards, it will have the phone number on it.

Promotions are attached to the phone number used and if you call the wrong number, you will not get the promotion.

You can use this number

1-877-774-1688

It will give both you and your family member $100 credit.

I will PM you the rest of the info.

If you call Dishstore I think they can setup you up using the referral, but it reduces or eliminates the Dishstore rebate, which is usually a little better than the referral.

I also think Dishstore coordinates the installs through the Directv network of installers, they do not personally do installs nationwide from their offices in the Detroit area ;)

I'm sure they can put a note on the work order requesting HR24's or you will cancel.

Lastly, I can tell you Claude's service team is top of the notch in the Satellite world.

Can't do a referal, but we can offer a $125 rebate and you get your rebate check in a few weeks instead of over 10 months.

Installs handeled through Directv, we can usually get customers HR 24's just have to notate the account.

Check with your local retailer. Many retailers can offer the referral program and they will offer you the latest equipment. You could also try to get a small rebate from them if you're not afraid to ask. Their installers are often better paid and more experienced. Also, they usually guarantee their systems for 1 year (Going through DirecTV, its 3 months. After that, you would need to pay the $7 protection plan). Retailers receive a small reoccurring revenue from you each month, so they tend to provide much better customer service as they have a vested interest in you once you get under contract. Not all retailers are created equal, so if they do not appear professional, do not waste your time.

And no matter who you go through, make sure you call the day before your install to make sure EVERYTHING is ordered correctly. Make sure your free HD is setup, make sure your referral is setup, make sure the MRV is included, ect... Once the installer activates the receivers, its very difficult to get promotional mistakes fixed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts