Devil24

Proud Supporter of SatelliteGuys.US
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2005
Houston, TX
Question about Dish Mover and what's included with it

Hey guys, quick question.

My GF is moving to a new place that allows only one satellite dish to be installed. She told me today that she called E* and asked if the Dish Mover promo was included in the DHP plan she's been paying for for a good while now and the CSR said 'yes, you get one Dish Mover promo for free per year of DHP'.

She then explained to the CSR the problem she'll be facing at the new property since they only allow one dish. The CSR told her that since she had the AEP + HD + Houston locals, that she was qualified for a free Dish 1000 and that with it, she would get everything with only one dish since it receives signal from 3 different satellites (110, 119, 129).
Now, the problem lies in the fact that she forgot to mention to the CSR that there are 3 receivers - 1x811, 2x508 - in her household (and even though I'm sure he knew, he didn't mention anything else), and I'm worried about the possible need of a switch (most likely a DPP44 since that's the only one compatible with the twin LNBF included with the Dish 1000) and what she'll have to pay for it. Is the switch a part of the installation and included for free? if not, how much will E* charge her for it? also, will she be able to use, say, a DP34 instead with that Dish 1000?

I need to make sure that we have all the required info before she decides to set up the Dish Mover appointment and everything else.

Thanks in advance for your help.

H - do your girlfriend a favor and have her call Dish back and make sure that they note the work order for the tech to bring a DP Twin an DP single along with the 34 switch or she may be in for a reschedule.

Wobbie,

Thanks for the tip, but I already did that today and they told me that it wouldn't be a problem :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts