Question About Dish Network Pole Install.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pfdk3

Original poster
May 27, 2014
Back in the winter, the dish tech attached the dish to the tree. No biggie, we will move it to a pole.
My dish went out of whack, the tech just left. All is good.
He mentioned that in order to mount to a pole, Digsafe would have to do their thing. Ok, no problem.
He says , now, if you are a do it yourselfer, I can leave you a pole, bag of sacrete and you can do it, eleminate digsafe...etc. I am an advanced do it yourself kinda guy. There is not a lot I haven't done at this point.
My question is in regards to the pole he left.
It has a flat section near one end. I would assume that part stays out, as a clamping surface, correct?
We are pretty happy with dish so far, just can't remember what the man said about that flat spot.
I appreciate any help.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Pfdk3!

The flat end goes in the ground so the pole won't spin.

Never heard of a tech attaching a dish to a tree. Aren't trees like living things? Don't they move and stuff?

Never heard of a tech attaching a dish to a tree. Aren't trees like living things? Don't they move and stuff?
Haha yep.. Way back when I first started as an installer, I did that thinking I was being slick... Then that job got qc'd and I had to go move it to a pole.. But yes, the tree will move/grow and affect the signal

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The pole should be at least as deep as the frost line in your area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)