Question About DISH'N IT UP

Mark A Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
East Tennessee
When I look at the offers section on my account at DISH.com it says for the Dish'n It Up Promotion:

Expand your HD content with seven additional high-definition channels free for three months. No commitments or restrictions apply, start enjoying expanded HD content today!

First question:
1. What are the seven additional high-definition channels they are claiming for free for three months?

Second Question:
2. When I click on "Learn More" link I get this bullS**T message:

Unfortunately, DISH Network does not have any special upgrade offers available at this time. Please contact your local retailer or call DISH Network at 1-888-884-2741 to purchase new receivers.

I have been seeing this same message for as long as I can remember, I have been a DISH subscriber for well over 15 years and they can not do any better than this?

:mad: :rant: :mad:

Am I left to only buy new receivers on my own?

Thanks,

I would try the online chat and ask the person what specials they have for current customers. Since you've been with them for so long I bet they will give you a free HD upgrade (with a commitment of course).

Expand your HD content with seven additional high-definition channels free for three months. No commitments or restrictions apply, start enjoying expanded HD content today!
That is yet another website error. I'm guessing they meant the old Platinum HD package when it had only 7 channels. It's up to 10 channels now, and included at no extra charge with the HD add-on. If you are not getting these channels now, you should!

That is yet another website error. I'm guessing they meant the old Platinum HD package when it had only 7 channels. It's up to 10 channels now, and included at no extra charge with the HD add-on. If you are not getting these channels now, you should!

Correct.

Does anyone remember when the Platinum HD pak got included into the HD add-on. I just checked my online bill and they are still charging me for them, maybe I could do an on-line chat, mention it, get it added for free in my HD add on and get a credit for a few months

Need to call

Does anyone remember when the Platinum HD pak got included into the HD add-on. I just checked my online bill and they are still charging me for them, maybe I could do an on-line chat, mention it, get it added for free in my HD add on and get a credit for a few months

To get it included at the 1 price you need to call in or chat w/them to get it. They don't change the billing unless you call or chat w/ them.

Figured I would need to do that, just figured that I would mention that they discontined it a while back(the Platinum HD) but I kept getting billed " what about a biscuit"(credit). I am going to chat soon as I want to change from Turbo Gold to something else as we really watch locals, movie channels (not sure which we watch the most) kids need Disney, and with Turbo Gold we don't get Nick, but can't really decide which would be the best. Would like Locals, Movie channels(probably 2 of them) Disney, DisneyH:mad:what ever it's called) Nick and a couple others but they don't have that pak

I would try the online chat and ask the person what specials they have for current customers. Since you've been with them for so long I bet they will give you a free HD upgrade (with a commitment of course).

I don't need the HD upgrade, I currently have:

America's Everything Pak With Locals
HD & Platinum
1 VIP 211 with EHD
1 322
1 301

I was really thinking about upgrading to a 722k for one of my HD tv's but like I said they are giving me NO offers.

Guess I'll have to do the online chat and see if they can help me?

Thanks,

Mark, Did you try the online chat? I'm sure if you say you are going to cancel they will give you whatever for free if you sign a 2 year commitment..I know they won't just let you go since you've been with them so long..

Hey Mark,

I am a Dish Retailer and right now they actually have a pretty awsome program running for the Dish N' It up. If you are a Plan A or Plan B customer, (unfortunatly, there is no way for you to know if you are A or B, it litterally has to be put into the existing customer qualifing tool to tell us) We are offering all A & B customers a free of cost upgrade to the 722K. If you havent had HBO or Showtime Free in the last 12 months we can offer that to you too. Heres the real kicker, If you call into Dish and ask for the Loyalty team make a little noise, they will give you $10 off your bill for the next 12 months. All Dish asks for this is for you to remain as a valued customer for an additional 24 months. If your in Southern Cal, I can check for you. hope this helps.