Dishnetwork Installation Job?

Nick2498

Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
I would like to start a career in the satellite installation business. I live in the South Bend area. Does anyone know of a good company that might be hiring semi-experienced installers?

Thanks,
Nick

Nick2498 said:
I would like to start a career in the satellite installation business. I live in the South Bend area. Does anyone know of a good company that might be hiring semi-experienced installers?

Thanks,
Nick

I would locate the LSC(local service center) or RSP(reginal service provider). both should have great benifits and training.

Would I have to contact Dishnetwork directly to get the information or is there someone else that I would need to contact.

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Wanting to Install ?

Nick you may want to look around at the link here---

http://groups.msn.com/SatelliteBroadbandTechnicians/installerswanted.msnw

There are a lot of changes going on right now for Installers across the U.S.

If after reading on the site at the link provided you are still interested i would suggest you try to find someone local that you can arrange to get in the field with ,who is already employed as an installer so you can see what things will really be like when you are out in the field yourself.
possibly someone willing to take you on as a helper for a week or so ,before you make any commitment to buying -tools ,insurance and other equipment, etc. etc. etc.

The Installers end of the business is not what it once was !

I am sure you will get some more input on this / the good the bad and the ugly of it.

Ok, so Im new to this site. My fiance just got out of the marines a few months ago and was doing communication. Im trying to find him a job doing satellite installation. How do I go about doing that? Ive went to the Dish Network site and that would work except that we live in a small town that isnt listed on their career section. So does that mean he has to go through a contractor? Someone help me please!

Ok, so Im new to this site. My fiance just got out of the marines a few months ago and was doing communication. Im trying to find him a job doing satellite installation. How do I go about doing that? Ive went to the Dish Network site and that would work except that we live in a small town that isnt listed on their career section. So does that mean he has to go through a contractor? Someone help me please!
Go with the closest town that is listed. Our state wide office is about 40mi from me. In the heart of Amish country at that. The tech that installed my system told me to just call the office, and get put on the list. If they need me they'd call me if not good luck. That's also what I tell customers that ask me about it.
I also would float around the installers forum to here what we go through on the daily basis. Installing sucks, but it's better than no job at all. Just got to weigh your options. Me, I'm looking for a way out after just two years. When I find it I'm gone, but I'll stay until then.

The easiest way is to invest an hour on the computer , go to Dishnetwork.com and go to the bottom and select find a local retailer. Enter your Zip code where you live and start making a few calls. Ask the retailer if they are set up as an RSP for Dish. If their not ask if they know who does the fulfillment work for DISH in your area. Most Retailers should know. Some may not be as helpfull as others but this would be what I would do if I moved. Been selling, servicing and installing for 14 years. You could also just sign up for Dish if you dont already have it and ask the installer who comes out who they work for. Of course you would need to sign up through Dishnetwork.com for a RSP or Dish Local office to come out. Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)