Question about Dishpro+ 3:4 switch vs. 4:4

fv3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I don't have any experience with either of these switches, but I keep hearing concerns that the 4:4 switch is not available yet, and how many people will need it to be able to add 105 to their system.

Is the 3:4 not cascadable? Could you not get the same configuration using two 3:4 switches (albeit at a higher parts count and cost)?

From my understanding is that you will only need the 4:4 switch if you need one of the side birds 61 or 148. All current HD channels on 61 will be mirrored on and then moved to 105.

It means that it has 4 outputs that can be then split to hook it up to more than 4 recievers. I am not sure of the limit.

So "cascadable" with the DishPro switches means more outputs, where with the legacy switches it meant both more inputs and outputs (possible)?

So what happens to the poor subscriber who is a All-everything + HD + Internationals + locals on 148 + Sky Angel viewer? Seems to me he needs a 6x switch (110+119, 105, 121, 148, 61.5)....

It sounds like Dish has no plans for those people. Are there any third party products to support such large configurations?

fv3 said:
So "cascadable" with the DishPro switches means more outputs, where with the legacy switches it meant both more inputs and outputs (possible)?

So what happens to the poor subscriber who is a All-everything + HD + Internationals + locals on 148 + Sky Angel viewer? Seems to me he needs a 6x switch (110+119, 105, 121, 148, 61.5)....

It sounds like Dish has no plans for those people. Are there any third party products to support such large configurations?

hmm... Wonder how confused a 721/921 would get if you put (110+119+105) + 148 on one input and (110+119+121) + 61.5 on the other?

Seeing there is a very small proportion of the subscriber base that is going to have more than four orbital slots needed for their systems they probably chose to not release such a product or, more than likely, wait to release that product once they perfect it more doing testing with it.

fv3 said:
So what happens to the poor subscriber who is a All-everything + HD + Internationals + locals on 148 + Sky Angel viewer? Seems to me he needs a 6x switch (110+119, 105, 121, 148, 61.5)

DISH doesn't have any plans to support six satellites, so I guess you have to choose the five you want most or split your system between receivers. The DP+44 switch is supposed to eventually be cascadable with one DP21 switch for a fifth satellite location.

--- WCS

That will more than likely be the solution then, cascade for sw-21. I doubt they wil make a switch that will handle more than four orbital slots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)