Question about DishPro Quad modes..

As I've already stated, "The DishPro Quad can operate in 3 different modes. I am asking how exactly the ird, or rather the "Check Switch" command, tells the DishPro Quad to switch into one of it's alternate, meaning not default, modes. It's doing it either by tone on/off, voltage changes, or diseqc commands."

I'm not asking a question the average Joe is going to know the answer to. I already knew you didn't know the answer from your first response and every one since then just reassures me of it. Please, by all means, don't waste any more of your time in my thread.. I'm asking, politely, for the third time now.

By the way, LNB's/switches don't magically 'change' by themselves like your automatic transmission analogy. They only perform a tasks when told to do so.. Again, either by tone on/off, voltage changes, or diseqc commands. What generates those commands is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is if they are correct.

If you don't know the answer or don't understand the question, please don't reply. I don't mean to sound rude, I'm just looking for accurate information from someone who knows the answer. If you don't know, don't bother. This is the second time I've asked politely.

but if you don't know what you are asking, how the hell are we to answer?

The dish box knows how to check for 110 & 119. As noted, the switch is built in. DishPro stacks the frequencies. It taked the Horizontal side and stacks them on top of the Vertical side. The DishPro receiver knows how to decipher the 110 & 119 side. That is why you can do 3 satellites with 3 lines (2 from the DP Twin and one from the DP dual or single)

Legacy needs two lines to the switch per orbital slot since they have Horizontal & Vertical sides.

But I guess why do you need to know how it switches without a receiver? Agian, why are you trying to accomplish?

Last edited:
"the following mode" as you call it is not a "mode" it's a result of dish ird switch commands. And technically it is never in that "mode", each port is either 119 or 110, not both at the same time.

Needing to change it without a dish ird leads to only one logical conclusion.

I know this can be done, I just need to know how "Check Switch" does it.

How do you know this can be done? I have never seen it or heard of it. You can use a DP34 to accomplish what you have listed. The dish receivers use a combination of what you listed to control the switches, but I don't see anything that is accomplished legally by doing this without a dish receiver.

If he would just tell us what he is trying to do mabey we would get a slight hint of what he is asking.
ICEBERG, You better mention that H & V stands for Horizontal and Vertical or he won't understand.

"check switch" does nothing to the LNBF other than query what is there. It tells the receiver what the configuration is.

Dish uses its own proprietary switching info so its not 22k & it ain't diseqc. A DP34 switch will work like a diseqc switch (I took 3 stacked KU LNB"s and was able to get them to acknowledge port 1,2,3) but we're confused on why you want to try to do it without a receiver.

I asked that the other thread be deleted, not merged but whatever... I know exactly what I am asking and so do the other people (including installers) I've asked, they just didn't know the correct answer... If you don't understand the question then I am likely asking something that is beyond your technical knowledge. I don't mean that to sound rude, just stating fact.

I'll simplify the question as much as I possibly can:

A DishPro Quad has 3 operation modes as follows:

MODE 1: port 1 (119), port 2 (110), port 3 (119), port 4 (110) - this is the default mode
MODE 2: port 1 (119 & 110), port 2 (119 & 110), port 3 (119 & 110), port 4 (119 & 110)
MODE 3: port 1 (119), port 2 (110), port 3 (119 & 110), port 4 (119 & 110)

Which of the following methods does a Dish ird use to set the operation mode of a DishPro Quad:

1. tone on/off
2. voltage change
3. diseqc command(s)

If the answer is 3, does anyone know the exact command(s)?

800-333-3474, ask for technical support

if you can show me a documented source that the device has 3 modes, i'll hazard a guess as to how they are done

I asked that the other thread be deleted, not merged but whatever...
we don't delete threads here. I merged it into your other thread which was the exact same question.

I know exactly what I am asking and so do the other people (including installers) I've asked, they just didn't know the correct answer...
most installers probably don't care how it works. Just that it works.

If you don't understand the question then I am likely asking something that is beyond your technical knowledge. I don't mean that to sound rude, just stating fact.
well considering you havent answered why you want to know how it works without a dish box, we at least have answered your questions.

I'll simplify the question as much as I possibly can:

A DishPro Quad has 3 operation modes as follows:

MODE 1: port 1 (119), port 2 (110), port 3 (119), port 4 (110) - this is the default mode
MODE 2: port 1 (119 & 110), port 2 (119 & 110), port 3 (119 & 110), port 4 (119 & 110)
MODE 3: port 1 (119), port 2 (110), port 3 (119 & 110), port 4 (119 & 110)
and you know this how???? Plus you keep changing between a DishPro Twin (with two outputs) and a quad (with four outputs)

Which of the following methods does a Dish ird use to set the operation mode of a DishPro Quad:

1. tone on/off
2. voltage change
3. diseqc command(s)

If the answer is 3, does anyone know the exact command(s)?[/QUOTE]
DishPro uses 13 volts the whole time
There is no tone on/off. That is 22k and Dish doesn't use 22k
Dish uses their own switching system. As I noted above, a DP34 switch will understand diseqc commands. The DP LNB might do diseqc commands but since the receiver automatically does the sensing, that point is moot.

Again we ask, what are you trying to accomplish?

If you don't understand the question then I am likely asking something that is beyond your technical knowledge. I don't mean that to sound rude, just stating fact.

?
Beyond our technical knowledge?, C-Mon, I have asked you and asked you several times, What Are You Trying To Do?. If you don't understand that question, Then it is beyond your comprehension of the english language.

"the following mode" as you call it is not a "mode" it's a result of dish ird switch commands. And technically it is never in that "mode", each port is either 119 or 110, not both at the same time.

I'm not talking about both being available simutaneously, just both being available on each of the 4 ports.

Needing to change it without a dish ird leads to only one logical conclusion.

I'm not sure what you're implying here but DishPro technology is clearly superior in that it allows you to send both polarities down a single RG6 line without the need for a switch. There is plenty in the FTA realm to play with that is compatible with DishPro LNB's. That means you can take advantage of the DishPro technology without needing to use their ird's and without being pointed at any of their satellites.

If I lived in Canada and subscribed to Bell Express for example, I'd still prefer to use DishPro LNB's because it would simply the setup.

DishPro does indeed send both polarities on the same cable. I use such an LNB on my FTA receiver (linear, repurposed from a superdish 105).

What you've been talking about up to now is the switching, not the bandstacking. There's no point trying to use DishPro switches with FTA, use single-location LNBFs and a diseqc switch instead.

Are you really wanting to go to all that trouble so you can watch NASA and "you have a dish 500" or what?

I'm not sure what you're implying here but DishPro technology is clearly superior in that it allows you to send both polarities down a single RG6 line without the need for a switch. There is plenty in the FTA realm to play with that is compatible with DishPro LNB's. That means you can take advantage of the DishPro technology without needing to use their ird's and without being pointed at any of their satellites.
you are making non sence at all. Why did you throw in FTA to the mix? Is that what you are trying to do? Use a FTA box with DishPro LNB? A DishProTwin can only be used on DBS which is either Dish or Bell COmpressVu

If I lived in Canada and subscribed to Bell Express for example, I'd still prefer to use DishPro LNB's because it would simply the setup.

what does that have to do with the subject? Yes People on CompressVu use DishPro. Since they use Dish recievers (with their software in it) they can use Dish LNB's.

DishPro uses 13 volts the whole time
There is no tone on/off. That is 22k and Dish doesn't use 22k
Dish uses their own switching system. As I noted above, a DP34 switch will understand diseqc commands. The DP LNB might do diseqc commands but since the receiver automatically does the sensing, that point is moot.

Again we ask, what are you trying to accomplish?

Four pages worth of thread and finally two replies, both from you, that are helpful. Voltage and tone is ruled out so the answer is diseqc commands (which is what all the other Dish switches use). It's possible the LNB uses a non-compliant commandset though.

It's actually not a moot point if you want to simply use DishPro technology but not their ird's or even pointed at their satellites as I've pointed out in my reply to Pepper. People are getting too wrapped up in the "Dish" in "DishPro". These LNB's can be used with any satellites using circular.

Thanks for the help Iceberg.

well sure they can, but the only satellites using circular in this hemisphere require payment of subscription, hence the questions that arise if you want to use them with something other than a subscribed receiver.

what does that have to do with the subject?

Well, when people keep going on and on about why would you possibly want to use DishPro technology..... I'd think the fact the advantages of the technology are obvious. Simple setups... It's the reason DishPro technology was developed to begin with.

well sure they can, but the only satellites using circular in this hemisphere require payment of subscription, hence the questions that arise if you want to use them with something other than a subscribed receiver.

I was under the impression most of the satellites used circular. If that's not the case then I was given incorrect information and my initial post was just a big waste then since those LNB's wouldn't be compatible afterall. Figures...

Sorry for wasting everyones time.

I was under the impression most of the satellites used circular. If that's not the case then I was given incorrect information and my initial post was just a big waste then since those LNB's wouldn't be compatible afterall. Figures...

Sorry for wasting everyones time.

nope. Almost all the FTA satellites use Linear. There are bandstacked LNB's out there for KU Band linear. I have some and they work great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts