Question about DP Quad, DP34 Switch & Dish 721 Installations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dinodish

Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
I have DP Quad going into a DP34 Switch. I have heard where either feeds 1 & 2 or 3 & 4 from DP Quad must be connected directly to Dish 721. That feeds from DP34 Switch attached to Dish 721 will cause problems. Is this true?

Thanks

dinodish said:
I have DP Quad going into a DP34 Switch. I have heard where either feeds 1 & 2 or 3 & 4 from DP Quad must be connected directly to Dish 721. That feeds from DP34 Switch attached to Dish 721 will cause problems. Is this true?

Thanks
I beleive 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 must be connected to the dp34 I have a dp twin hooked to 34 then to two 721's with no problem say config a dp quad 1 and 2 to one 3 and 4 to other

No, I don’t have any problems yet, I’m just getting ready to install. I didn’t think there would be any problems with this set up, just wanted to make sure. I’m using the DP Quad and DP34 Switch for multi-receiver set up.

It appears that the important thing to do with the Quad-to-DPx4 switch is to use one odd and one even numbered port. The Quad defaults to 119 on odd and 110 on even ports. So, 1 & 2, 3 & 4, or even 1 & 4, 2 & 3 should work. Most convienent for cabling (dual RG-6) is probably 1 & 2 or 3 & 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)