Question about DP Quad, DP34 Switch & Dish 721 Installations

dinodish

Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
I have DP Quad going into a DP34 Switch. I have heard where either feeds 1 & 2 or 3 & 4 from DP Quad must be connected directly to Dish 721. That feeds from DP34 Switch attached to Dish 721 will cause problems. Is this true?

Thanks

dinodish said:
I have DP Quad going into a DP34 Switch. I have heard where either feeds 1 & 2 or 3 & 4 from DP Quad must be connected directly to Dish 721. That feeds from DP34 Switch attached to Dish 721 will cause problems. Is this true?

Thanks
I beleive 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 must be connected to the dp34 I have a dp twin hooked to 34 then to two 721's with no problem say config a dp quad 1 and 2 to one 3 and 4 to other

No, I don’t have any problems yet, I’m just getting ready to install. I didn’t think there would be any problems with this set up, just wanted to make sure. I’m using the DP Quad and DP34 Switch for multi-receiver set up.

It appears that the important thing to do with the Quad-to-DPx4 switch is to use one odd and one even numbered port. The Quad defaults to 119 on odd and 110 on even ports. So, 1 & 2, 3 & 4, or even 1 & 4, 2 & 3 should work. Most convienent for cabling (dual RG-6) is probably 1 & 2 or 3 & 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)