question about eastern ark

moviemax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
I have the new dish 1000 dish and was wondering what eastern ark is? is it a service different from what i have. i currently have silver hd w platinum hd am top 200 and locals. thanks

I have the new dish 1000 dish and was wondering what eastern ark is? is it a service different from what i have. i currently have silver hd w platinum hd am top 200 and locals. thanks

The only difference you would possibly see is in locals. The 1000 will receive the same channels, and in a few months when the new sats get onboard, they will continue to track the new stuff.

Only real reason to go eastern ARC (the ARK is what Noah sailed away in) is for those eastern cities that can't receive 129. They have been moving more and more of the eastern locals onto the EA birds, and if you live in one of the affected cities, they may eventually move you.

EA, is a set of sats at 61.5, 72 and 77 , as opposed to the 'western arc' set of 110, 119 and 129.

In your other thread you brought up wing dishes. A perfect example of this is my setup. They aren't installing 1000.4 "Eastern Arc" dishes yet, only 1000.2 "Western Arc" setups here in Arkansas. However, they uplinked my locals on 77W, which is part of the "Eastern Arc". Therefore, I got a wing dish pointed at 77W and I now have a full Western Arc setup plus 77W.

A lot of folks have these hybrid setups right now.

I live in charleston, wv. I had the dish 1000 but they installed a 2nd dish, it is also a dish 1000 but its the newest dish 1000 I believe. I needed the 2nd dish in order to receive my locals.

I live in charleston, wv. I had the dish 1000 but they installed a 2nd dish, it is also a dish 1000 but its the newest dish 1000 I believe. I needed the 2nd dish in order to receive my locals.

Did they replace the dish, or are there now two connected?

I believe you received a 1000.4 and are now fully on eastern arc. The older 1000 was most likely disconnected and possibly removed. As KAB mentioned, there is a very good thread on Eastern Arc up in the sticky threads.

both satellites are now connected.

Then you likely have a wing dish to 61.5 for locals.

Here's what you do. select menu 6-1-1 to get to the point dish menu and do a check switch operation. It should come back and give you a list of the satellites that are currently connected to your receiver. If my hunch is correct, it will report 110, 119, 61.5 and possibly 129. If this is the case, you have a hybrid of eastern and western satellites. No big deal as programming is duplicated between them and you will receive everything you need. The only difference is locals and RSNs.

I recently contacted Dish and asked about my local Little Rock HD. They said I would need a 2nd dish installed. When I asked if there were future plans that would allow me to receive my HD locals without a 2nd dish, they said a possible solution might be available in February. What is that possible solution? Will the Little Rock HD's be moving away from the 77 location that they are currently in?

I recently contacted Dish and asked about my local Little Rock HD. They said I would need a 2nd dish installed. When I asked if there were future plans that would allow me to receive my HD locals without a 2nd dish, they said a possible solution might be available in February. What is that possible solution? Will the Little Rock HD's be moving away from the 77 location that they are currently in?

Probably not. The solution would be a 1000.4 "Eastern Arc" dish rather than the 1000.2 "Western Arc" dish that most of us in LR are using.

The Eastern Arc dish would use 61/72/77 instead of 110/119/129.

In Little Rock, the EA dish will be pointed more towards the South & East rather than S & W which is currently the case. Our locals are currently spotbeamed in SD from 110. We get most of our national HD (which is duplicated on 61.5) on 129. I'd suggest using an OTA antenna. It'll give you an extra tuner even when you get an Eastern Arc. Not to mention, KARK and KLRT are NOT uplinked in HD as of yet. And, OTA broadcasts in HD are much cleaner than any of this macro-blocking crap you'll get from E*. :)

Thanks for the info. I already have a small indoor/outdoor antenna that I have strapped to my Dish mount, which allows me to receive everything except ch. 2. So will the new 1000.4 replace my current dish or be in addition? The way I read your response, it sounds like I'm stuck with a 2nd dish. Thanks again.

The 1000.4 will replace your current dish entirely, when it is offered. Currently, they aren't installing them in Arkansas (for some reason). If you do something today, you'll have a second dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)