Question about fan noise on 921

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hzhao

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
I had my 921 for about a week now. One thing that I noticed is the fan noise are relativly louader than my 721, especially, no matter if the power is on or not. I remember with 721, I can set the "sleep" mode and fan will stop if the unit is not on for awhile. Is there any similar setting on 921? Or I just missed some settings........

Thanks in advance for all the experts here.

hzhao said:
I had my 921 for about a week now. One thing that I noticed is the fan noise are relativly louader than my 721, especially, no matter if the power is on or not. I remember with 721, I can set the "sleep" mode and fan will stop if the unit is not on for awhile. Is there any similar setting on 921? Or I just missed some settings........

Thanks in advance for all the experts here.

What you hear is what you get!!

It is quieter than the 6000. i do not notice it inside a HT cabinet.

My 921, sitting on a shelf (not in a cabinet) is so quiet I have to put my head just about right on it to hear the fan. I can hear the HDD from about 6" away. It's definitely quieter than the average PC.

Point is - 921's vary all over the place noise-wise. This is not the first thread I've seen on the subject.

I've heard that they're going to give it a sleep mode (someday?).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)